SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ The UND 10/14/2023

SiouxFan100

9 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

They got offut Burgum thoraldson 

we got gisi and that’s about it

Offut is a Concordia guy and Tharaldson is a Valley City State guy. Offut played FB at Concordia.  They are philanthropic but neither came across as an NDSU guy. I wouldn’t know for sure but having visited with both of them a few times at lunch/dinner or social functions I doubt they would waste money to move NDSU FB to FBS. They have donated to colleges for scholarships/buildings/academic programs. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I've heard this narrative before. However, if Fargo really is The Center Of The Known Universe:

Why did it take them years to raise $$$$$ to renovate the old BSA?

Why aren't they FBS already?

Why haven't they built a newer, larger stadium?

The answer is that they aren't as big and powerful as they think they are. If people in Minneapolis-St. Paul were told what people in Imperial Cass County thought of themselves, they would laugh until they cried. Fargo is just another place in flyover country to people in larger cities and/or states. And to be honest, that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

This may be a bit of bias, but having lived in GF/Bis/Fargo, Fargo really is the epicenter of the state IMO.  With that said, so much money is being poured into growth that there isn't much left over for NDSU football outside of what the fleas (aka the bandwagon fans) spend.  The thing is, the fleas have been jumping off for a couple of years now and no one gives a flying F about NDSU football except a select few.  NDSU was a fun social thing in town for some because it was new and exciting, but the novelty has worn off and no one cares...even the last couple of years when they won their last JV FBS titles.  You used to see every single-brain-celled individual wearing NDSU shi...l mean stuff...at one point, and no one wears anything anymore.  NDSU is like the Yeti Cooler of no name football....overpriced and a waste of time and money when you find out you're getting scammed.  That's why FBS hasn't happened and won't happen.

• Upvote 2

Has anybody ever heard of Hack City?

I stumbled upon their show on YouTube.  Obviously I was searching and clicking on so much UND stuff that this popped up.  They do a rundown of the FCS, presumably every week, but this is the first time for me.  They talk about our game at the top of the show.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

Has anybody ever heard of Hack City?

I stumbled upon their show on YouTube.  Obviously I was searching and clicking on so much UND stuff that this popped up.  They do a rundown of the FCS, presumably every week, but this is the first time for me.  They talk about our game at the top of the show.

Thanks for posting this; very interesting.

10 hours ago, Big A HG said:

This may be a bit of bias, but having lived in GF/Bis/Fargo, Fargo really is the epicenter of the state IMO.  With that said, so much money is being poured into growth that there isn't much left over for NDSU football outside of what the fleas (aka the bandwagon fans) spend.  The thing is, the fleas have been jumping off for a couple of years now and no one gives a flying F about NDSU football except a select few.  NDSU was a fun social thing in town for some because it was new and exciting, but the novelty has worn off and no one cares...even the last couple of years when they won their last JV FBS titles.  You used to see every single-brain-celled individual wearing NDSU shi...l mean stuff...at one point, and no one wears anything anymore.  NDSU is like the Yeti Cooler of no name football....overpriced and a waste of time and money when you find out you're getting scammed.  That's why FBS hasn't happened and won't happen.

Fargo being the epicenter of ND does not mean NDSU is the standard of higher education or collegiate athletics in the state; certainly doesn’t mean it is the flagship. There are countless examples around the country where the largest metropolitan center of the state is not home to the most thriving university and/or collegiate athletic department in the state. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Thanks for posting this; very interesting.

One thing they touched on about NDSU is that they haven't fully recovered from the COVID year, which is something I touched on in whatever thread it was back when Trey Lance declared for the draft.  I said that Trey's decision would help bring parity to the FCS, which it seems to have done.

55 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

When is the last time an NDSU has had a "Players only" meeting?!!  Got to admit watching all this go down in Fargo right now is very entertaining!! :D

image.png

Maybe our new nickname should be the Tennants, since we seem to be living rent free in NDSU's head now.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I just realized that NDSU ends their season at SDSU, vs SIU, and at UNI. That’s 3 potential slug fests to end things after two cupcakes. I expect them to bounce back strong but we shall see what SDSU does to them.

I’ll be honest, I expect a UND/NDSU rematch this postseason and worry history (1995) may repeat itself, but we’ll see. 

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I’ll be honest, I expect a UND/NDSU rematch this postseason and worry history (1995) may repeat itself, but we’ll see. 

I think the most likely way we meet them in the playoffs is if we are a seeded team and they are not, or vice versa.  If both end up playing Thanksgiving weekend, they can't play each other, and one of them is pretty much guaranteed to go to Brookings in the 2nd round.  

24 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

A post-season rematch entered my mind as well.  Maybe a 1994 style playoff game.

• Upvote 1

I see Tony is having another childish meltdown over on BV.  Saying our staff is negative recruiting haha. 

maybe they should ask why Entz is telling parents that their son can graduate from NDSU with a physical therapy degree for sure, so commit to us.  Uhhh…..