SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ The UND 10/14/2023

SiouxFan100

6 hours ago, 108498 said:

UND has not beat NDSU since I was in Elementary. I am now 30. What a very memorable day!

Crazy! I was a freshman at UND and playing in the band. We actually moved over to the NDSU side and were sitting with their band during OT when we won. What an experience as an 18 year old kid. 

• Upvote 2

"No. 6 North Dakota State will make a 181st straight appearance in the national media poll on Monday, but will a run of 173 in a row in the top 10 continue after the 49-24 loss to No. 15 North Dakota?

Last time Bison outside top 10: No. 11 on Sept. 5, 2011.

— Craig Haley (@CraigHaley) October 14, 2023"

FCS Football Review: Week 7 Takeaways | The Analyst

This UND team has opened some eyes.

3 hours ago, shep said:

Even on the biggest W in decades, you apprise us of the things we should worry about. Well done, sir, well done. You keep doing you. 

I mean yeah the win is nice....but his question is likely what the coaches were asking themselves all game long until the end when the lead was comfortable.

4 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I mean yeah the win is nice....but his question is likely what the coaches were asking themselves all game long until the end when the lead was comfortable.

They were not asking that question.  They kept looking for ways to win.  They coached up the players to believe.  The Bison are in trouble.  SDSU will destroy them.

I was surprised just how easily UND was able to run the ball. And it was obvious there was two key plays that lead to the win and thr blowout.

1) kickoff TD.

2) second half interception return.

Big win for the program.

Makes a person wonder if NDSU would have had their current run if they had to play UND more in the Alerus during it....add another L to their loss column every other year...which likely means no home field for them throughout the playoffs....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

Saw something about a decibel meter at the game, did anyone see something like that?

KVLY (NBC) mentioned it and was recording it.

Probably an app available on a phone.

Sounded like the Bison were worried about noise level even before the game.

3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I was surprised just how easily UND was able to run the ball. And it was obvious there was two key plays that lead to the win and thr blowout.

1) kickoff TD.

2) second half interception return.

Big win for the program.

Makes a person wonder if NDSU would have had their current run if they had to play UND more in the Alerus during it....add another L to their loss column every other year...which likely means no home field for them throughout the playoffs....

We have at least two OL that will be playing on Sunday.

6 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

They were not asking that question.  They kept looking for ways to win.  They coached up the players to believe.  The Bison are in trouble.  SDSU will destroy them.

While your posts sounds awesome for the raw raw Fandom. And I don't disagree with anything you wrote.

"Looking for ways to win" means you call plays on third and fourth down based on time, score, and distance. And you adjust accordingly. Including whether to go for it on fourth down or kick a field goal based on statistical probabilities. I, and everyone else, were happy the team executed well enough to never worry about it...this game. 

Which means we get to all enjoy the win! :)