SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

1 hour ago, SJHovey said:

So, maybe a route of Michigan, Michigan State, BC, then BU to #9? Seems doable.

I have 4 MSU v 14 CC - 5 UND v 10 Mich. in MO at the moment.  A few scenarios bump CC and move UMASS-A in according to the predictor.    

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Clark17 said:

I have 4 MSU v 14 CC - 5 UND v 10 Mich. in MO at the moment.  A few scenarios bump CC and move UMASS-A in according to the predictor.    

If the top seeds win tonight, UMass gets in ahead of CC. If That happens I have this same bracket with UMass replacing CC, and we'd be playing in Springfield.

On a side note, I hope @scpa0305didn't head to Vegas with their kid's college fund to make that wager on UND in Sioux Falls. ;)

8 minutes ago, fargosioux said:

If the top seeds win tonight, UMass gets in ahead of CC. If That happens I have this same bracket with UMass replacing CC, and we'd be playing in Springfield.

On a side note, I hope @scpa0305didn't head to Vegas with their kid's college fund to make that wager on UND in Sioux Falls. ;)

I def didn’t forsee this meltdown at this time of the year. Completely take it back. No way we get SF…nor should we.

5 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I def didn’t forsee this meltdown at this time of the year. Completely take it back. No way we get SF…nor should we.

At the time I would have never guessed we would be a 2 seed. I thought it was possible Omaha would get in as a 4 seed, which would have pushed us out of SF.

UMass making it would probably mean switch MSU and BU as UMass is a host.

Not sure who the 4 seed will be, but this is my prediction as well.

Got to load up 3 lines with your 9 best forwards moving forward.  Bottom 3 get a shift here and there. NCAA TV coverage allows one to stack the top 9. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Got to load up 3 lines with your 9 best forwards moving forward.  Bottom 3 get a shift here and there. NCAA TV coverage allows one to stack the top 9. 

Seems to be an effort issue. Guys taking turns being passengers. It’s very possible that lines just aren’t gelling. It’s obvious that Berry and co don’t know what to do either. The lines change every night and through each game. 

2 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

With such lowered expectations that everyone seems to have now(including me), can only go back up if UND gets its $hit together for the tournament.

What's it take to light a fire under the guys?  You were playing for a #1 seed at a friendly/close regional and couldn't get it done in front of a pro  UND crowd.  At the very least this is puzzling to me.

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

UND built there season and ranking early in the year. I think what people are failing to take into consideration is that UNO is clearly a better team than UND at this point in the season.

Maybe if UND were currently skating hard & giving it their all and still losing I would agree with you that UNO is better now. It's hard to draw a comparison between two teams when one is barely trying.

1 hour ago, TwamleyShuffle said:

For those concerned about UND not winning the conference championship. Dating back to 2015, only two NCAA champs won their conference tournament. UMass and UMD

Good ole sandy

how many natties he got 

Been a season ticket holder since 1984 and in all off Gino’s, Blais and Hakstol years I never heard once that the und hockey team seems soft and now about every year somebody brings that up. The only player that showed some fire last night was 28. 

• Like 1