SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

In the 16 possible outcomes for the 4 remaining games tonight, a Denver win would get UMass into the tournament and likely send UND to Springfield. An Omaha win will get CC in the tournament and likely send us to Missouri except possibly if AIC, BC, and Michigan all win as well...then it is a tie to the first 4 numbers after the decimal point which I didn't find but from what I read that would favor UMass

6 minutes ago, TwamleyShuffle said:

When do they do the final vote for the Hobey? Is it after or before the regionals?

After the regionals.
Then the winner is announced the day after the F4 semi-final games.

• Like 1

Some of the fellas made it to the Ralph last night for the Sam Hunt concert. Awful attendance. Lots were upgraded from upper bowl sesting to lower bowl.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Some of the fellas made it to the Ralph last night for the Sam Hunt concert. Awful attendance. Lots were upgraded from upper bowl sesting to lower bowl.

I saw that on the bookface, my first thought was "shouldn't they be practicing ".....

Maybe this teams problem is not enough rock and roll?  

And who is Sam Hunt? Any relation to Mike Hunt?

• Like 1

Watching some of the Sparty-Wolves highlights....boy is our d zone gonna be pressed if it's the Wolves.

I think Michigan's goaltending is sketchy.  5th year kid, but there are times he's a fish out of water.

On a side note it's good to see people pack Munn Ice Arena again.  I think that's a direct correlation to them forechecking again. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Watching some of the Sparty-Wolves highlights....boy is our d zone gonna be pressed if it's the Wolves.

I think Michigan's goaltending is sketchy.  5th year kid, but there are times he's a fish out of water.

On a side note it's good to see people pack Munn Ice Arena again.  I think that's a direct correlation to them forechecking again. 

Michigan is just like Denver scores a lot but gives up a lot of goals. 

1 hour ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Michigan is loaded. If they show up to play, we’re probably screwed.

I would be more concerned about whether we show up.  Michigan has a ton of talent, but they have lived off their power play.  Stay out of the box, and take advantage of some of their youthful mistakes and this could be an entertaining game.  

1 hour ago, tnt said:

I would be more concerned about whether we show up.  Michigan has a ton of talent, but they have lived off their power play.  Stay out of the box, and take advantage of some of their youthful mistakes and this could be an entertaining game.  

Their goaltending has been a little up and down as well.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2024/03/26_Between-the-Lines-In-Times.php

CHN talking about coach of the year candidates:

Brad Berry (NoDak) — every time North Dakota loses a game, the sky is falling to its fans. But this guy has won four of the last five NCHC regular-season titles, and this year turned over more than half his roster, and won it again. Yes the transfer portal is a gift to schools like this, but Berry and his staff still need to find the right guys and make it work.

;)

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

That's what we do here, right?

Get under a table for safety if the only NCAA win since 2016 after Friday night is still AIC.

Well, our fan base is still loyal, ledgies and all, second to none & can still blow the roof off the Ralph & really anywhere we travel too. Until our cheering the team on vs jeering them, we will forever be the penis envy of cawllege hockey.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, thUNDer said:

Well, our fan base is still loyal, ledgies and all, second to none & can still blow the roof off the Ralph & really anywhere we travel too. Until our cheering the team on vs jeering them, we will forever be the penis envy of cawllege hockey.

I like a good Freud reference in my hockey forums : )

• Like 1