SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

22 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

If we upset SDSU that will single handedly ruin the perception of the MVFC, they will think the conference has gotten week.  I hope we do pull the upset but I can just hear all of the Big Sky teams chirping if that happens. 

I think one of the biggest games this year will be the Montana State and SDSU game. I hope SDSU destroys MSU again so if we do pull off the upset, or even if we don't, it will show the quality of the MVFC. 

The Big Sky teams have not earned the right to judge the quality of the MVFC until someone in their league wins a title.  No reason to think the Big Sky is better than the MVFC. Hopefully the noncon schedule comes out in the MVFC favor this year.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Anything less than 8-3 and it will be a disappointment. We cannot lose to SDSU, NDSU, Boise , UNI and still call it a success. Time to show the MVFC we are here to stay!

I agree.   We have to do better than 7-4.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Anything less than 8-3 and it will be a disappointment. We cannot lose to SDSU, NDSU, Boise , UNI and still call it a success. Time to show the MVFC we are here to stay!

I also agree, this season can be the start of us moving to the top tier of the league especially with the quality of recruits we have been getting the last couple of years. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I think we already have proven we belong in the mvfc. 

I guess we have proven we are one of the top teams in the MVFC but we still have a ways to go to gain respect from the rest of the FCS and their voters. No reason so many Big Sky teams should be ranked above UND and SEMO…… SEMO??? Are you kidding me?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

What if we finish 7-4 and one of the wins is over Boise, NDSU or SDSU. AND this team is good enough to make a run in the playoffs? Might take that scenario too if we actually make a run in the playoffs.

If we win any of those major games and still only finish 7-4 that means we laid an egg against some school like Indiana State or Arizona State.   We can't be getting upset against schools like that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I love the 701. 701 means North Dakota - brilliant!!!

First we claimed "Flag Ship U" now the 701.  The 701 is brilliant on the helmets if indeed that's what we'll have this year.  It can't be duplicated or trashed in state!  And at the same time, it lays claim to ownership of the state FB athletic teams.  quite the hee, hee................