SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Correct. Last night I roofied myself, woke up in a hotel room alongside a fully grown bengal tiger, found out I was newly married and missing a tooth, and had put a small Asian man in my trunk …

… actually, wait, that may just be the plot of a film I recently watched.

Did you get a tattoo on your face.  Just to make it wasn't a movie.

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Good sign! It will be good to have Klein’s size to mix with the quickness of Red, Bo, Eliodor, and Wright! 

And Dennis... and a speedy rook or two who could get as many as 4 games and still keep RS intact.

• Upvote 3

Gets you excited. 

Stock risers: Six young UND football players thriving at spring ball - Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, East Grand Forks news, weather & sports

With this list, if they hit this year, would they change your opinion on that positional group? For example, I would say no on Borud, Kupfer, Bluiett. The more the merrier, but I already like those positional groups. Yes to Feeney, McNeal, Teiken, Sutton, Koshiol. 

• Upvote 3

Yes clean and simple is best in my opinion. I also like having something that goes across all sports. The collar and arm sleeve in this pic 

image.jpeg.4f2fa2e7aa9335ab53034ab90a1c3531.jpeg

matches the collar of the hockey jersey image.jpeg.88c3fd3807ac48e3a3bf0a806adf6332.jpeg

I don’t think basketball had it but something like that I would love to bring back. Maybe it ties too closely in to the Native America tradition or something where we couldn’t do it but I would love to just bring that small piece back across all sports. Consistency across sports. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Yes clean and simple is best in my opinion. I also like having something that goes across all sports. The collar and arm sleeve in this pic 

matches the collar of the hockey jersey image.jpeg.88c3fd3807ac48e3a3bf0a806adf6332.jpeg

I don’t think basketball had it but something like that I would love to bring back. Maybe it ties too closely in to the Native America tradition or something where we couldn’t do it but I would love to just bring that small piece back across all sports. Consistency across sports. 

Have always loved that collar.

46 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

great QB and great jersey.  live being able to read the numbers.

9 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Who’s going to step up at LB is the biggest question I have. If the front 7 take pressure off our secondary we will be a solid squad. Need the ball hawks to come back!

I think McNeal is hopefully going to be the guy at ILB. I was excited when UND got him! Along with Pedigo and Mullin I think ILB will be fine without any injuries. The OLB will be the biggest question I believe. They have Navartil with the most experience (who has had injuries) but after him Idk who will step up. Be nice to see Paine Parks step up early in his career.

20 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

I think McNeal is hopefully going to be the guy at ILB. I was excited when UND got him! Along with Pedigo and Mullin I think ILB will be fine without any injuries. The OLB will be the biggest question I believe. They have Navartil with the most experience (who has had injuries) but after him Idk who will step up. Be nice to see Paine Parks step up early in his career.

Slight correction. The OLB's with experience are Navartil and Mullin. ILB's with experience are Pedigo and Kelley. Those are the current "starters" on the Spring depth chart. I also have high hopes for McNeal, who's listed behind Kelley. Baretz (6'3" 230LB) R-FR is listed behind Pedigo. An optimist would say that the ILB position looks to be solid, I like both Pedigo and Kelley, if McNeal can take a huge step, then you just need either Baretz or Parks to step up as the #4. I'm not too worried about the ILB. The OLB is more of a concern. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Slight correction. The OLB's with experience are Navartil and Mullin. ILB's with experience are Pedigo and Kelley. Those are the current "starters" on the Spring depth chart. I also have high hopes for McNeal, who's listed behind Kelley. Baretz (6'3" 230LB) R-FR is listed behind Pedigo. An optimist would say that the ILB position looks to be solid, I like both Pedigo and Kelley, if McNeal can take a huge step, then you just need either Baretz or Parks to step up as the #4. I'm not too worried about the ILB. The OLB is more of a concern. 

OLB is a huge concern. The lack of production from that group cost us last year. They can cover up a lot of issues with the secondary if they get after the qb.