SDSU L
WIU W
NDSU 50/50
UNI L
Indiana St W
Murray W
USD W
ISU W

I'd probably agree with that. The UNI and USD will be tough road games, need o at least split those.....and then beat SU at home.  As Mr. Wright mentioned.....we have improved on the road and have shown we can win on the road so winning at least one of them is doable. I'm not sure which of them may be the more difficult game, might be the USD one now that they've got a good QB. 

This has got to be the year we beat SU. 

2 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

On occassion he may get picked deep.

This is essentially the same as a punt, only you didn’t opt for it (no one really opts for a punt either, really), so yeah, let’s take some chances on deep balls. 

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I’d just prefer UND wins, but whatever floats your boat and peaks your interest I guess…

So you’re thinking of doing a full season prospectus with a prediction of team record as well as an in depth analysis of the recruiting classes? Sign me up!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Yet before he's done, this year, he will rewrite nearly every, if not every, all-time QB record in the books at UND. He'll obliterate them if he decides to take his COVID year next year. Pretty good for a guy some call "Timmy [sic] 2 gloves." 

Guy got a chance to play a lot of games for UND. Good for him. 

• Downvote 1

UND football has become polarized amongst its biggest fans (people on a frickin’ UND message board in March!) … that’s not a good thing. 

We have blind faith (ignorance) in one corner and apathy in the other. 

UND going the way of the hockey stick and Chaves playing along has partially contributed to this, but having an incredibly boring average meat and potatoes head coach for nearly a decade doesn’t help either. 

• Downvote 8

2 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

He's not asking anything.  He was saying he will likely break UND QB records for all-time, not just under Bubba's tenure.  He did get the extra Covid year though which did help, although it wasn't a full season.  I believe Klancher started when he was a freshman and started for 4 years, but I could be wrong.  

Klancher got in as a freshman against NDSU when Clay Wagner was hit and injured his ribs.  He did amazing.  That was the 8th game of the season.  Clay started remaining 2 regular season games and the playoffs.  Klancher was a 3-year starter.

17 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Guy got a chance to play a lot of games for UND. Good for him. 

Absolutely. He's already broken a number of the all-time records, in only 33 games, so far -- 3 as a true freshman, 7 as a red shirt freshman, 11 as a soph, and 12 as a junior. Pretty normal career trajectory for a tough as nails kid that doesn't get injured often. I don't think 33 games in four seasons is an inordinate number for a college player.   

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND going the way of the hockey stick ... 

Um ... what? 

Are you breaking some sort of news? We're moving from Bauer Vapors and CCM JetSpeeds to Home Of Economy leaf rakes? Manure pitch forks? 

If you mean a "hockey stick graph" I don't believe you understand what that means. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND going the way of the hockey stick and Chaves playing along has partially contributed to this, ... 

Your analogy, your allegory, makes no recognizable sense. 

If you mean "hockey stick graph" you're saying this program is in the flat phase before rocketing at an upward trajectory. I don't think you mean that. It wouldn't be you being you. 

Or are you claiming UND FB is a wooden stick in a land of composite wound carbon fiber. Danny Freund's offense would seem to dispute that. 

Or are you just upset that UND might have a sport other than FB at the top of the marquee. In that case, well, Don Henley can explain

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Not sure it’s worth it, but perhaps …

UND-FB-FAN…could I just ask if you are lacking something in your life? I sense consistent irritability. I hope you get what you are missing.

And just for the record, I like talking football 12 months of the year. I read all your posts even if some are way over my head.

GO UND!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeadPoets said:

Klancher got in as a freshman against NDSU when Clay Wagner was hit and injured his ribs.  He did amazing.  That was the 8th game of the season.  Clay started remaining 2 regular season games and the playoffs.  Klancher was a 3-year starter.

I remember that game well. The game was in the Fargodome and Wagner was injuried shortly before the half.  Klancher made a shovel pass and it either made a critical first down or TD.  I watched the game with a Bison friend. He was so pi$$ the Bison lost.  I was smiling big time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dustin said:

This is essentially the same as a punt, only you didn’t opt for it (no one really opts for a punt either, really), so yeah, let’s take some chances on deep balls. 

Last year we complained he didn’t scramble enough and take the yards when he can. He fixed that last season and brought another dimension. We all just need to complain enough that he doesn’t take deep shots so that he can prove us wrong on that too. Tommy can only play better next season, I have 100% faith 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Your analogy, your allegory, makes no recognizable sense. 

If you mean "hockey stick graph" you're saying this program is in the flat phase before rocketing at an upward trajectory. I don't think you mean that. It wouldn't be you being you. 

Or are you claiming UND FB is a wooden stick in a land of composite wound carbon fiber. Danny Freund's offense would seem to dispute that. 

Or are you just upset that UND might have a sport other than FB at the top of the marquee. In that case, well, Don Henley can explain

Oh … is that right?

You can stop glamorizing over graph trends and trajectories. No upward trajectory for UND, at least based on recent trends. 

UND athletics have been behind the 8-ball ever since going up to DI.

I don’t expect the hockey first model to change, but I don’t agree with it. If there’s a model program out there in FCS with a hockey-first mindset, let me know. UNH and Maine aren’t exactly top tier …

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

UND-FB-FAN…could I just ask if you are lacking something in your life? I sense consistent irritability. I hope you get what you are missing.

And just for the record, I like talking football 12 months of the year. I read all your posts even if some are way over my head.

GO UND!

A championship-caliber winning football program that supporters and fans can be proud of. NDSU has completely sucked the region dry of such other than the occasional diehards, like those on this site. 

8 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Last year we complained he didn’t scramble enough and take the yards when he can. He fixed that last season and brought another dimension. We all just need to complain enough that he doesn’t take deep shots so that he can prove us wrong on that too. Tommy can only play better next season, I have 100% faith 

So many forget that prior to Tommy a swing pass was 50/50. Most games prior to Tommy I could not say that UND had the best QB on the field, even games we won. Now I seldom feel that way.  

• Upvote 4

"Tommy can't throw the deep ball!" 

Should he?

Look at the distribution and completion percentages of NFL QBs.
The majority of the passes are under 10 yards. The pros aren't throwing deep, and when they do ... 
After 10 yards the completion percent of PROS drops to under 50% and after 20 yards is 20%. 

I'm willing to bet a "heat map" of Tommy Schuster's UND career looks much like that NFL map. And that is smart, smart coaching, smart playing, smart performance on field. 

grant_passing_hexagons_115211.jpg

Source: https://grantland.com/the-triangle/pass-atlas-a-map-of-where-nfl-quarterbacks-throw-the-ball/ 

What else am I willing to bet? Danny Freund knows and understands this map better than any of us. 

• Upvote 3

If we look only at completed passes, we see similar patterns. Long “bomb” completions are rare and a vast majority of NFL completions occur within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. In fact, only about 31 percent of all passes are thrown beyond 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. We hear a lot that the NFL is a passing league, but it’s more accurate to say that it’s a short-passing league.

Ibid. 

It's a good read. 

14 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

So because most of us don't automatically assume things like Ziebarth will never be a capable back....etc. etc., that means we all have blind faith/ignorance?  Ok   And I think the fact that there are people on here discussing football in March.....is a good thing.  

Passion is a great thing.