SiouxSports.com Forum

USD @ UND 11/12/22

Dustin

Now the USD fan board is moving the bar to talk about all sports cause their FB program sucks. Sad situation down in Vermillion. 

Also, we have been in the Summit for two full years.  

I believe they have two FB conference championships in like the last 60 years or so :lol:

32 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Now the USD fan board is moving the bar to talk about all sports cause their FB program sucks. Sad situation down in Vermillion. 

I believe they have two FB conference championships in like the last 60 years or so :lol:

They won 3 NCC titles in the 70's.  Since their title in 1978, they have one exactly 1 conference title in football.....in the past 44 years.

In that same time frame (last 44 years) UND has won 12 Conference titles.

37 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

UND has been closer to getting to the NCAA tournament in mens basketball than USD has since UND joined the Summit.  So don't know where they are getting that from.

Oh and has just as many Summit Tournament wins as USD.  Including beating them head to head in 2020.

I would know, I was there for that one :)

13 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

UND has been closer to getting to the NCAA tournament in mens basketball than USD has since UND joined the Summit.  So don't know where they are getting that from.

Oh and has just as many Summit Tournament wins as USD.  Including beating them head to head in 2020.

I would know, I was there for that one :)

USD fans are about as delusional as they come. 

4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

A 5-6 team has never made the FCS playoffs.  And will neve make the FCS playoffs.  I mean, I:ve seen some pretty wild takes.  But this one takes the cake.  

I mean, they aren't very impressed with us. We aren't as physical, we aren't as talented, we clearly aren't any good .... BUT if they beat the almighty power that is UND, even though they don't think we are an almighty power, then they should absolutely be in the playoffs at 5-6 because those 5 wins may have been against crap teams, but the 6 losses were against all out amazing teams. We are taking the wrong approach people! Schedule 3-4 games against top ranked FBS teams (be sure to lose them), then lost the the majority of the MVFC. Only beat the really really bad teams and at 2 and 9 the committee would have no choice but to consider us.

Am I on track here?

1 hour ago, northernraider said:

It would be a shame the Yote bus has a hard time making up I-29 on Friday :whistling:

Actually it would be. UND needs to get to 7 wins and the week after won't be easy.
Now, if their bus trip happens to take 8-9 hours instead stead of 6, that'd be just fine....

Speaking as someone coming a distance and always watching the forecast, weather.com shows that the storm is supposed to be gone by Thursday night and clear sailing for Friday. Thinking about going to the Dakota Bowl in Fargo, does UND have any recruits in the games? 

10 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Speaking as someone coming a distance and always watching the forecast, weather.com shows that the storm is supposed to be gone by Thursday night and clear sailing for Friday. Thinking about going to the Dakota Bowl in Fargo, does UND have any recruits in the games? 

Receiver Hakim from Shanley - offer - will be playing