SiouxSports.com Forum

USD @ UND 11/12/22

Dustin

From the USD message board:

I just remember last year's game where we were by far the more physically dominant team. Bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic across the board. I think we've been the better team for years but have just found ways to blow leads with bad turnovers or let UND hang around too much. Play a clean, efficient, physical game and we win this one.

LMFAO.  We played NDSU the week before in the most physical, intense game I have ever seen.  The UND team that showed up in Vermillion wasn't even breathing hardly.  Dead.  

I gotta hand it to USD though, theyhave without a doubt the most delusional fanbase that has ever existed. 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I gotta hand it to USD though, theyhave without a doubt the most delusional fanbase that has ever existed. 

Completely agree. This has absolutely nothing to do with any of their commentary on this week / UND at all. Every once and a while check out that site and you'll pick up on why @UND1983 says that. It's really fascinating.

49 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I wonder how the yotes will get up I29 with this storm.  They might want to leave today.

Nah ... they can leave noon Thursday and bus up. 

Then spend Thursday night and to noon Friday hunkered at Dakota Magic at the border; then drive 30 mph up I29 to GF and arrive about 6 pm Friday. It'll be fine. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, UND1983 said:

From the USD message board:

I just remember last year's game where we were by far the more physically dominant team. Bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic across the board. I think we've been the better team for years but have just found ways to blow leads with bad turnovers or let UND hang around too much. Play a clean, efficient, physical game and we win this one.

LMFAO.  We played NDSU the week before in the most physical, intense game I have ever seen.  The UND team that showed up in Vermillion wasn't even breathing hardly.  Dead.  

If UND beats USD on Saturday, it's going to be interesting to see how UND/NDSU go at each other on the 19th. UND is not a playoff lock and is going to sell-out physically, conceivably going into the playoffs. Could be detrimental in the 1st round. 

5 minutes ago, USTBench said:

If UND beats USD on Saturday, it's going to be interesting to see how UND/NDSU go at each other on the 19th. UND is not a playoff lock and is going to sell-out physically, conceivably going into the playoffs. Could be detrimental in the 1st round. 

If UND beats USD and NDSU, it’s likely they will be a top 8 seed.  So they would have an extra week to rest up before hosting a playoff game. 

First things first though and take care of the Yotes.

Is the USD game a case where our offense just has to outscore their offense?  I think it's pretty safe to say that UND can/will score at least 28.  Their offensive output is light by comparison, but may find success if our defense doesn't show up.  Even still, I think their point total would be somewhere in that 21-24 range.  A stolen possession in UND's favor will go a long ways in helping secure victory.  A lost possession would make the game noticeably tighter. 

2 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Is the USD game a case where our offense just has to outscore their offense?  I think it's pretty safe to say that UND can/will score at least 28.  Their offensive output is light by comparison, but may find success if our defense doesn't show up.  Even still, I think their point total would be somewhere in that 21-24 range.  A stolen possession in UND's favor will go a long ways in helping secure victory.  A lost possession would make the game noticeably tighter. 

I would pretty much agree with that.  Their offense doesn't seem that great, but our defense has had their struggles at times so I would guess they will get in that 21-24 range like you said, and I think our offense can get around 30.   Unless we lose the turnover battle in a big way or they have huge special teams plays, I think we will find a way to win.....31-24 ish. 

41 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

A 5-6 team has never made the FCS playoffs.  And will neve make the FCS playoffs.  I mean, I:ve seen some pretty wild takes.  But this one takes the cake.  

I loved all the lines trying to justify the take that they could make the playoffs at 5-6 lol