SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UMN - Sat Night Redemption (hopefully)

brianvf

Glad to get out of this weekend with a split. Was really worried the Gophers would put up some big numbers against UND but DeRidder responded well and the defensive coverage was much better than it had been the first couple weeks. 

Man that Minnesota team is so so deep and it is scary to think how good they can be in a few months, but as we know well the best team doesn't always win the championship.

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

What are they saying?? Clymer was SUCH a clown tonight. Defended the facemask on Cooley and said the GWG was gonna be called back for interference. Absolute trash. 

GPL fans claiming UND got away with a facemasking of our own on that scrum and how Motzko should’ve also challenged for a review.  I didn’t get to watch the game so I can’t opine on this accusation, just repeating what some on GPL are saying. 

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

What are they saying?? Clymer was SUCH a clown tonight. Defended the facemask on Cooley and said the GWG was gonna be called back for interference. Absolute trash. 

Does anyone have a clip of the facemask penalty on Cooley?

8 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

yeah...he so wanted that goal overturned .....open your eyes....he sucks.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

He did say though he was wrong on what they were going to do with Kleven’s penalty so maybe he’s not to be taken seriously :lol:

Also lol at myself because I didn’t see the Cooley facemask- I thought it was Knies who grabbed the facemask. :whistling:

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Does anyone have a clip of the facemask penalty on Cooley?

No, but it was absolutely the right call. Clearly spun Kunz's helmet around in the scrum. I didn't see a face mask by any of our guys on the play and if there was one, it definitely was not to the level of Cooley's. 

57 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

doesn't like 3x3 at all. 

Can’t say I really do either. Only very rarely is it actually featured as a part of the game of hockey. Straight to 4x4 would be acceptable, but an idea that someone ( I think on here) proposed last year was giving each team a 2 minute power play until a team scores on theirs and the other team doesn’t score on theirs. Kind of like college football OT. Equal number of possessions.