SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UMN - Sat Night Redemption (hopefully)

brianvf

I like putting Blake-Schmaltz-Gaber together.

Don't like having McLaughlin who is arguably our best skater with a couple guys in Kunz and Caulfield who don't bring a lot of speed. Would've gone something like James-McLaughlin-Portz.

Not sure why Costantini comes out of the lineup.

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

No Johnson. No Costantini. 

Hain - extra skater in warmup? Are those players injured or just shaking things up. 
That 3rd line is odd. Our fastest skater paired with two of our slowest. 

Berry said there would be changes because he felt some guy’s didn’t have a good effort. I am assuming Johnson and Costantini are 2 of those guys. 

Hain is going to skate warmups to see if he can go. 

2 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

I like putting Blake-Schmaltz-Gaber together.

Agreed. They could be fun, but maybe not as good defensively. But hopefully they have the puck more than not. ;)
Not sure why sitting Costantini though. And Hain is tied for the team goal scoring lead…need him out there. 

20 minutes ago, brianvf said:

No Johnson. No Costantini. 

Hain - extra skater in warmup? Are those players injured or just shaking things up. 
That 3rd line is odd. Our fastest skater paired with two of our slowest. 

Johnson sitting and leaving sidorski in? I’m sorry but sidorski was an extremely liability both times he was on the ice last night 

We played good team D last night. Needed to be more creative. Not sure why the wholesale switches. Kunz should be on every night until he proves he can’t play, Johnson too, constantini too. We just don’t have the skill to get cute with our lineup. We’ll pay 

25 minutes ago, Green Banner said:

Moral victories are for the football team only. Hockey team/fans expects W's and nothing less. 

But according to some people on here, we shouldn't expect to beat teams like Minnesota. :silly:

Seriously, I agree with you. We are a blue blood in this sport, not a mid-major hoping to hang with teams.