SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UMN - Sat Night Redemption (hopefully)

brianvf

21 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

So I’d like to know everyone’s thoughts on what Motzko is saying to Pitlick right now. 

My guess is, as Coach Motzko is tucking Rhett into bed tonight, he’s telling him to sleep tight and get a very good night’s rest. 

In 6 hours Rhett it’s you and a parachute up and down the ice until I’ve had my 2nd cup of coffee. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Prison_Mike said:

I assume the stick was given back to Pitlick once it was tossed back? Can anyone at the game confirm? If so can you imagine what a pair of clown shoes he must have felt like getting the stick back!

image.gif

Perfect, I’m certain that’s how Pitlick reacted once he got by himself somewhere!

6 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

You can have the Bally's announcing crew from Saturday. I shut down the audio. 

Learn the rule book M77. But thanks for not before now. 

Having your stick "returned" in your home rink is absolutely hilarious. 

Why is it UND2 and UND3 (the HEA and ECAC grad transfers, you know, the 'soft' leagues) are the two who know how to deal with M89? UND2 gets full marks for putting him in the blue paint grave yard with the hit captured on Twitter.

UND6 was flat bad Friday; I'm liking what UND2 did Saturday.

If the call on UND25 is a major, there should be 3 or 4 majors called in every NCAA game. 

If we see Minnesota again, it won't be on a glacier. < evil grin spreads across my face > 

M77 probably learned the rule book from Ben Clymer (of the Bally announcing team), who not only didn't know the rule book but went ballistic "with sprockets" (WTH?) when refs sent M77 to the box.

Gopher fans are the king of "I know I'm right" often vehemently, when the truth is opposite.   If I had a nickel ...

* me (new to Twin Cities in 1982), celebrating after the Sioux won in Providence.  random Gopher fan: "Why? We won!" /arguing ensues

* random Gopher fan: "we have the most NCAA championships".  Me: your team is only 5th on that list. /anger and arguing ensues

Of course, take off their Rodent jerseys and most are really fine people, but hockey brings out the irrational.  

/end rant

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

The look on the gofer fan's face that is on the glass is priceless!

That announcing crew was pretty horrible.  I've never heard the announcers complain about the officiating so much...not even Ciskie complains that much!  ;) 
That whole stretch in the 2nd period...every UND hit should have been a penalty, but no mention of the cross-checks to Senden after his goal, etc.
It was humorous listening to them whine about the Pitlick and the Cooley penalties though.  :)

UND was working over Knies pretty good during the Kleven major...hit him good a couple times.  :blink:

On 10/23/2022 at 5:33 PM, Realityguy said:

Did you watch the games this weekend?  It was a split and congrats to ND for earning the split on the road but I am guessing recruiting has been going just fine for the Gophers as the discrepancy of talent was quite clear.    UND knew how they had to play and they executed it well but if it wasn't for the transfer goalie I am guessing you are looking at two losses where the Gophers score about 8 in each game.   I created the login because there appeared to be some knowledgeable and passionate hockey fans here.   This "tired argument" is just the point I decided to discuss today.   I did it without insults, rhetoric or childish retorts.     Why so defensive and sensitive?

AS stated a couple of times.    I don't have a issue with older Canadiens but if someone is going to go after the Gopher fans insinuating they are making something up that is actually pretty close to fact, why shouldn't I point out the inaccuracy of the original post.   Your first reply would seem to indicate that not only is it true, it is common across the more successful programs, which I also agreed, then the best you can do is to come at me with a criticism for creating a login to discuss it along with throwing out a lame attempt to take a shot at the recruiting success of the team that just dominated play against your team for the majority of the weekend.    I am not here to argue lame rhetoric and insults.    Got any points to actually discuss?   

Goph fans are the only in sports who care about the age and geography of another team’s players. It’s childish and insecure at best that a metro area of 2.9 million care where a town of 60k’s players were born. You pretend an imaginary line 125 miles away is sacrosanct. You pretend so it fits your narrative that Minny is the Park Place royalty of hockey, and the blue collar team up the road crashing your party,  isn’t playing by the Marquees Of Queensbury Rules.

You get beat, regularly, therefore it must be unfair. The fact you are here with hours of wasted research is evidence of your obsession; you are the guy I feel embarrassed for who sings Oh Canada when we are introduced. 

When college sports is no longer between programs, and becomes high school All Star games, then the trolling and rationalization will be less pathetic.

In the meantime count the starting players from Alabama on Saban’s team. The answer is 2, because Tuscaloosa isn't Atlanta. Makes it even more impressive in my book.

• Upvote 1

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/ryan-ladouceur-is-making-key-calls-for-the-und-hockey-team

About a half hour before Friday night's series opener between rivals UND and Minnesota, Ryan LaDouceur stood in the 3M Arena at Mariucci press box talking with Fighting Hawks deputy athletic director Erik Martinson.

LaDouceur had rules questions. Martinson, who serves on the NCAA Ice Hockey Rules Committee, was the guy to answer them.

Specifically, LaDouceur asked about facemasking infractions.

The Grand Forks native grew up attending UND hockey games with his father, Jeff, and was well versed in the history of the North Dakota-Minnesota rivalry. LaDouceur understood the tension of the games and assumed there would be post-whistle scrums during the weekend series in Minneapolis.

He needed to know what exactly officials are looking for when they call a facemasking major penalty.

Although the season is only six games old, LaDouceur has already made two critical challenges.

In the season-opening series against Holy Cross, the Crusaders scored a goal, but LaDouceur immediately called down to Goehring to challenge the play for offside. He was right. The zone entry was offside and the goal was disallowed.

You can see Goehring talking thru his ear piece that entire section right before UND challenged for the facemask on Cooley.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Blackheart said:

It's been a while, but thanks to some technical help from AlphaMikeFoxtrot, here's Saturday's game against Gofer.  Enjoy!

You talk about great moments in dumb @ss broadcasting.  My god, the stooges in the booth bad mouthing the officiating all the while can't put together that UND would challenge the play based on what a gopher player did.....

And then they say "92 for Minnesota" and they all think it's Knies.....not their top three NHL draft pick.....

Ohh well uhhh.....ummm...Cooley did uhh yeah.....well what's the rule? 

"Sorry UND fans we are going to drop the puck at center ice and play on."

:lol: