SiouxSports.com Forum

Broadcasting rights

gfhockey

28 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

McFeely tweeted about Trump roughly 20-30 times per week on average I would say.  Just obsessed and weird. 

Literally ZERO tweets about Biden or anything that is wrong right now.  ZERO.  That should tell you all you need to know.  The country is worse than it's been in a LONG time and crickets.

Completely true. But if I may offer a modicum of defense for McFeely -- opinion columnists are not supposed to be balanced (or even truthful). He can think, write and espouse whatever he wants in this country of ours, short of harassment, libel, etc.  On the flipside, you never saw Hennen, Shapiro, Cal Thomas, etc. share any serious criticisms of Trump or Bush when their administrations were at the helm. It's how it is. There is no excuse, however, for anyone getting facts completely wrong or just being careless with the facts -- that goes for both the news side journalists and opinion writers (right and left) alike.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Completely true. But if I may offer a modicum of defense for McFeely -- opinion columnists are not supposed to be balanced (or even truthful). He can think, write and espouse whatever he wants in this country of ours, short of harassment, libel, etc.  On the flipside, you never saw Hennen, Shapiro, Cal Thomas, etc. share any serious criticisms of Trump or Bush when their administrations were at the helm. It's how it is. There is no excuse, however, for anyone getting facts completely wrong or just being careless with the facts -- that goes for both the news side journalists and opinion writers (right and left) alike.

Policy wise I think there was little to criticize and the country was doing great.  Thumps mouth now that's another story.

8 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what's the fascination with CC....haven't been relevant in ten years or more

Without looking it up I'd say over 30 years...

Something about a historic hotel or trophy or something...like world War two time-frame? 

Old timer stuff you read about in history books.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Cratter said:

Without looking it up I'd say over 30 years...

Something about a historic hotel or trophy or something...like world War two time-frame? 

Old timer stuff you read about in history books.

i consider myself semi-old school!!!

i remeber peter senja and playing cc to go to the frozen four

just saying that i can't remember a game against cc i've really got pumped upfor a in a long long time and i don't think that's changing anytime soon

as for the trophy...i would'be taken/kept tech instead of cc to keep the mcnaughton

On 5/20/2022 at 12:36 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Back to broadcasting rights discussions please. 

Thank You!  Dialing around tonight and found a Midco rebroadcast of an early season game.  Alex and Jake?   Rock solid broadcast team!  Alex has prospects above the regional cable level - CBS Sports likes him a lot so we're lucky to have him.   Izzo?  ugh!   A basement Bison troll.   Why would he  EVER support UND?

Technical coverage?  A dozen cams with cooperation from the Ralph - tell me please where it lacks?   OR better yet tell me what 'DAY would do better?   They wouldn't and couldn't.   Graphics, stats and flow with NO spelling errors??  What a shocker!   Watch any episode of the local  news to see how the kids these days can't proofread or spell to save their lives.  Interesting story about Fighting Sioux Sports Properties and how that will affect the rfp????  How will that impact?

11 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Thank You!  Dialing around tonight and found a Midco rebroadcast of an early season game.  Alex and Jake?   Rock solid broadcast team!  Alex has prospects above the regional cable level - CBS Sports likes him a lot so we're lucky to have him.   Izzo?  ugh!   A basement Bison troll.   Why would he  EVER support UND?

Technical coverage?  A dozen cams with cooperation from the Ralph - tell me please where it lacks?   OR better yet tell me what 'DAY would do better?   They wouldn't and couldn't.   Graphics, stats and flow with NO spelling errors??  What a shocker!   Watch any episode of the local  news to see how the kids these days can't proofread or spell to save their lives.  Interesting story about Fighting Sioux Sports Properties and how that will affect the rfp????  How will that impact?

I hope that they can hang on to Alex for a long time, but I think it is only a matter of time before he moves to bigger things. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Green Banner said:

When will we find out how this all shakes out? It must be soon

7 hours ago, Green Banner said:

When will we find out how this all shakes out? It must be soon

Think I heard the timeline was early June - stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Surprised Miller or scjlossman did open records check het

june 1st deadline

The rights bids were sealed until "5/27/2022 2:00 PM CDT" per the RFPs. That was Friday of Memorial Day weekend. They maybe got opened Friday. Back in the office on Tue May 31 to actually see what's there, and don't forget it's first day back after a long weekend. So the unpacking of what is in the various packages started yesterday (Wed) is my assumption. And there's a lot to review based on the two RFPs that had that deadline (TV and radio were separate). 

Now, from the FOIA / open records perspective, you normally have 20 working days to respond. Even if the GFH put in a FOIA request at 2:01 pm Friday, UND has until June 24. 

11 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The rights bids were sealed until "5/27/2022 2:00 PM CDT" per the RFPs. That was Friday of Memorial Day weekend. They maybe got opened Friday. Back in the office on Tue May 31 to actually see what's there, and don't forget it's first day back after a long weekend. So the unpacking of what is in the various packages started yesterday (Wed) is my assumption. And there's a lot to review based on the two RFPs that had that deadline (TV and radio were separate). 

Now, from the FOIA / open records perspective, you normally have 20 working days to respond. Even if the GFH put in a FOIA request at 2:01 pm Friday, UND has until June 24. 

Have you ever been apart of an rfp before?

usually lots of back and forth communication and question asking before a company submits their rfp

2 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Have you ever been apart of an rfp before?

Yes, both sides (request and propose). 

Even after lots of communications you take time for a thorough review to make sure everything is in order with each proposal. 

24 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Yes, both sides (request and propose). 

Even after lots of communications you take time for a thorough review to make sure everything is in order with each proposal. 

A simple foia could see whose been asking the tough questions 

16 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

A simple foia ...

Have you ever dealt with one of those? 

20 days. 

RFP went out 4/29. Twenty working days from that is 5/27. 

If you were looking to see who is communicating you'd wait a few days (a week?) after the RFP went out before putting in a FOIA. That would be the end of this week. Patience. 

Closing thought: The most likely FOIA requestors would be Miller or Schlossman. But as Miller said, a potential bidder signs his (their) paycheck(s). Do they want to rattle the apple cart or just let the process play out. 

12 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Have you ever dealt with one of those? 

20 days. 

RFP went out 4/29. Twenty working days from that is 5/27. 

If you were looking to see who is communicating you'd wait a few days (a week?) after the RFP went out before putting in a FOIA. That would be the end of this week. Patience. 

Closing thought: The most likely FOIA requestors would be Miller or Schlossman. But as Miller said, a potential bidder signs his (their) paycheck(s). Do they want to rattle the apple cart or just let the process play out. 

Mcfoolwy don’t care he’ll do it

On 5/22/2022 at 9:15 AM, SWSiouxMN said:

I hope that they can hang on to Alex for a long time, but I think it is only a matter of time before he moves to bigger things. 

Our only hope is that he wants to raise his kids in South Dakota...otherwise he is gone because he has national talent.