SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

11 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

As of today with no games being played - any teams on our schedule that you would consider us to not be favored ?

@Minnesota
@Western
@Denver
@SCSU

I don't care who you are, seldom is the visitor the favorite at any of those. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'd love you to be correct, but I'm not putting a lot of money on that. 

Could they take a legit run at "fewest UND losses in a season". Not unreasonable. 

You've said it a few times on this thread, "college hockey is an upperclassman's game". We have some absolutely outstanding upperclassmen. Sprinkle in some new faces with A LOT of potential and we have a chance for a great season. But, until we see it happen, it's all just on paper. 

Saw video Schloss posted on Sanderson at Sens Camp, would have been nice having him on the ice last post season.

Covid screwed Pinto’s chance at maximizing his impact at UND. Cancelled post season and then limited fans next  season for us to see how good he is in person. Obviously disappointing post seasons in his 2 years, dude was a stud. 

6 hours ago, KCSioux said:

Saw video Schloss posted on Sanderson at Sens Camp, would have been nice having him on the ice last post season.

Covid screwed Pinto’s chance at maximizing his impact at UND. Cancelled post season and then limited fans next  season for us to see how good he is in person. Obviously disappointing post seasons in his 2 years, dude was a stud. 

Agreed.  Both of those players were a joy to watch at UND even if both had less of an impact due to circumstances outside their control.
Pinto with the COVID cancelled post-season and Sanderson with his injury-riddled 2nd year.

USCHO Preseason poll is out!

Right about where I thought we'd be.

1. DU
2. Minny
3. Mankato
4. UND
5. UMD
6. Michigan
7. Quinny
8. Northeastern
9. Notre Dame
10. UMass
11. Harvard
12. BU
13. St. Cloud
14. Western Michigan
15. Providence
16. OSU
17. Lowell
18. Clarkson
19. Cornell
20. Michigan Tech

Notables receiving votes: BC - wild, Bemidji, Omaha, Wisconsin

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

1. DU
2. Minny
3. Mankato
4. UND
5. UMD
6. Michigan
7. Quinny
8. Northeastern
9. Notre Dame
10. UMass
11. Harvard
12. BU
13. St. Cloud
14. Western Michigan
15. Providence
16. OSU
17. Lowell
18. Clarkson
19. Cornell
20. Michigan Tech

Wonder if the NCHC poll will follow suit with this poll.  That should be out soon (Came out Sep 15th last year). If that's true, the top hald would look oike this.  Seems pretty accurate.  We shall see

1.  DU

2.  UND

3.  UMD

4.  St Cloud

5.  Western Michigan

3 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Wonder if the NCHC poll will follow suit with this poll.  That should be out soon (Came out Sep 15th last year). If that's true, the top hald would look oike this.  Seems pretty accurate.  We shall see

1.  DU

2.  UND

3.  UMD

4.  St Cloud

5.  Western Michigan

I feel like conference polls tend to differ at times significantly from national preseason polls because the voters for conference polls know more about the teams they are voting on. So nothing would shock me. 

46 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

1. DU
2. Minny
3. Mankato
4. UND
5. UMD
6. Michigan
7. Quinny
8. Northeastern
9. Notre Dame
10. UMass
11. Harvard
12. BU
13. St. Cloud
14. Western Michigan
15. Providence
16. OSU
17. Lowell
18. Clarkson
19. Cornell
20. Michigan Tech

Do you have a link for this? I cannot locate the official poll.. thanks!

We have a lot of good talent, and upperclassmen coming back and some amazing new talent. Considering how far we went last year with certain key players missing from the ice and all the hick-ups/offensive woes/Saturday night bummers we had.. I think this is going to be a great year for some North Dakota Hockey! Let's hang a banner!!

1 hour ago, FightingSU said:

We have a lot of good talent, and upperclassmen coming back and some amazing new talent. Considering how far we went last year with certain key players missing from the ice and all the hick-ups/offensive woes/Saturday night bummers we had.. I think this is going to be a great year for some North Dakota Hockey! Let's hang a banner!!

I expect we will hang one during the Manitoba exhibition game. Three NCHC in a row is quite the accomplishment. 

The “next man up” part of UND hockey culture served them well last year.  I hope this year our best guys stay healthy. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

I expect we will hang one during the Manitoba exhibition game. Three NCHC in a row is quite the accomplishment. 

The “next man up” part of UND hockey culture served them well last year.  I hope this year our best guys stay healthy. 

Agree. It really paid off and suited us well at for the season. Now we need to keep that alive and all those younger skaters have a whole year under them of more experience, along with a year of skating together to work on chemistry. We have a lot of the first year issues knocked out for a good chunk of the team. I think we will be a force to be reckoned with this year. Along with that, you have a lot of the covid year super seniors now gone at schools like Western Mich. where they had some old men out on the ice lmao.

• Upvote 1

I'll say my opinions again:

- top to bottom UND has the best group of eight defenders in college hockey; some may have better top end talent, but as a group of eight I'll take UND 
- UND's bottom four defenders would be top four on about thirty college teams 

• Like 2