SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

What's unproven about him? That he hasn't played at UND? The Big 10 is a mediocre defensive conference, but a solid offensive one. His numbers are pretty good playing against teams that are absolutely gunning night in and night out. Again, I know for a fact he's never played behind a defense he is going to play behind this season. There's been nothing to indicate he can't be a solid, solid tendy for UND. 

Even playing on a bad team, I think  his numbers are pretty good. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I say we fire Bubs, hire @gfhockey  and if no first year Natty we fire him (and deport him to Duluth where he seems he’d rather be at times). 

And if he does win a Natty, if it’s not back to back … fired. 

gf might need a stand-in for practices.   He's good at counting banners, but he's never been on skates.  

• Upvote 2

Extremely ballsy yet thought through move by Sergei Fedorov in the KHL.  I've often thought that teams should pull the goalie off gained possession in OT to give yourself a 4-3 advantage.

More of a risk in college hockey with pairwise OT losses being what they are, but if you're playing a team like Denver where an OT loss isn't going to hurt too much why the heck not?  

Surprised to not see it more honestly.  All that space out there. 

18 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I say we fire Bubs, hire @gfhockey  and if no first year Natty we fire him (and deport him to Duluth where he seems he’d rather be at times). 

And if he does win a Natty, if it’s not back to back … fired. 

The firings will continue until the moral improves. :) 

• Upvote 2

On 9/2/2022 at 12:37 PM, siouxforce19 said:

It’s very simple. If we provide our goaltender with more goal support then we won’t need to nitpick the goaltending as much :D

*by “we” I mean UND*

I say it's ok for you to say "we" and anyone who disagrees with us is a jerk :D

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm still stunned by the data that shows DeRidder faced 35 shots per game last season (Michigan State) and UND goalies faced 25 shots per game. 

Not just the numbers either.  Not all SOG are created equal.