SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Recruiting

Hambone

13 minutes ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

I'm a younger guy, whats the story behind this Grady?

Started as a true freshman, very good. Quit the team, came back, quit again before playing again I believe. I also feel like there was a rumor of him trying to transfer to NDSU? Idk so much on that one. 

12 minutes ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

I'm a younger guy, whats the story behind this Grady?

Rare talent with the world ahead of him. Started as a freshman on the OL and played at All Conference level. Dogged by personal issues before and during time on campus. Gave up football and school twice. 

15 minutes ago, Johnny Five said:

My cousins son.  I guess he didn't like sitting in my NDSU seats  vs Drake hahaha.  

This season he is their center and he could play NG.  Really good athlete....he's their kicker as well and also one of the fastest kids on the team if you can imagine that (have a nephew on the team who told me that).  I'll enjoy following him at UND even though I root for the "wrong team"....I already do with kids like Kupfer and Schweigert there.  

Thanks for the input! Sounds like a good get. 

22 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I wonder how much weight lifting he has done

I know my nephew was in the gym this summer with some other KCC players - sometimes those small programs don't have the best "gym structure" like bigger schools.   Not sure if Isaac was with them everyday as he's got about a half hour drive into Hallock from the farm.  Yes...he has farm strength for sure.  Some of his highlights are hilarious - my favorites are the QB sneaks where they pop of 6-8 8 yards behind him.)

Once he gets into that strength and conditioning program it's going to be awesome to watch him develop.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Five said:

I know my nephew was in the gym this summer with some other KCC players.  Not sure if Isaac was with them everyday as he's got about a half hour drive into Hallock from the farm.  Yes...he has farm strength for sure.  Some of his highlights are hilarious.  

Once he gets into that strength and conditioning program it's going to be awesome to watch him develop.

Post highlights

10 minutes ago, Johnny Five said:

I know my nephew was in the gym this summer with some other KCC players - sometimes those small programs don't have the best "gym structure" like bigger schools.   Not sure if Isaac was with them everyday as he's got about a half hour drive into Hallock from the farm.  Yes...he has farm strength for sure.  Some of his highlights are hilarious - my favorites are the QB sneaks where they pop of 6-8 8 yards behind him.)

Thanks Johnny

I wasn’t trying to be disrespectful but I assumed he wouldn’t have had much access to a weight lifting program. That said farm strength is a great start. And yes, I am sure any farm boy has a great work ethic and his upside is off the charts. Very exciting to have him and very excited to watch him progress.

you might even have to go to a game or more to watch him. Start by wearing neutral colors and before long you’ll have some Kelly 

thanks for posting 

52 minutes ago, Johnny Five said:

That’s the kind of center we need!

1 hour ago, Johnny Five said:

My cousins son.  I guess he didn't like sitting in my NDSU seats  vs Drake hahaha.  

This season he is their center and he could play NG.  Really good athlete....he's their kicker as well and also one of the fastest kids on the team if you can imagine that (have a nephew on the team who told me that).  I'll enjoy following him at UND even though I root for the "wrong team"....I already do with kids like Kupfer and Schweigert there.  

Your cousins son chose the “right team” and better school. Congratulations! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/16/2022 at 7:21 PM, shep said:

UND gets a commitment from big OL Isaac Folland of Kittson County Central. 6'3"-330.

This according to 360 on Twitter

Sorry for the delay getting the Wiki updated, should be up to date now. One thing within the o-line commits that's noticeable: some beef. Maciejczak is 6'4" 320, Folland is 6'3", 330. Probably not the weight they'll end up playing at once here, but it seems like some intentional efforts to recruit hogs. 

13 minutes ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

Sorry for the delay getting the Wiki updated, should be up to date now. One thing within the o-line commits that's noticeable: some beef. Maciejczak is 6'4" 320, Folland is 6'3", 330. Probably not the weight they'll end up playing at once here, but it seems like some intentional efforts to recruit hogs. 

I would hope they have good feet over just beef!

4 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Hopefully Kaminski saw UND on the Bad Beats clip.  Unlike Rudy, I would think a QB would look forward to playing in Danny's offense.  

Unless the QB room at Wisconsin is super deep I would say it’s hard for a kid to turn down a full ride to a Big Ten team. Let’s hope for UND’s sake that Wisconsin offers a different QB!

Just now, Sioux>Bison said:

Unless the QB room at Wisconsin is super deep I would say it’s hard for a kid to turn down a full ride to a Big Ten team. Let’s hope for UND’s sake that Wisconsin offers a different QB!

Or takes one look at what they did with Mertz and go:  Why would I want to deal with that?