SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Recruiting

Hambone

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Vs our….. nothing. They’re doing something right based on the results.

They pump money into football and basketball. Don’t have to stay up to date on hockey arena amenities and features annually. Even so, they have a stadium and indoor practice facility. UND leases Alerus Center and has indoor practice facility. Get the second phase complete with coaches offices, meeting spaces, etc., and I’d say UND is pretty darn equal with SDSU in terms of football facilities. Having an indoor football facility come November/December is a definite advantage for UND in my opinion; SDSU football stadium is half full only come playoff time. 

With that said, always areas to improve. UND football always can use visionaries in the athletic department. You’re right - it’s been lacking at times to say the least. May folks in those roles have been hockey/NHL goons that don’t even know how long a football field is. 

• Like 1

The running list of commitments (putting into alphabetical order now, not chronologic):

Jace Boswell
Ben Buxa
Tyler Erkman 
Sam Hindbjorgen
Jerry Kaminski 
Jacob Lopau
Jason Maciejczak
Braden Mohr
Lance Rucker

22 minutes ago, shep said:

Another Noah Larson?

It did make me think about Noah when I saw his height and weight and then the speed. Thought I saw a 100 time but in looking again I must have dreamed it. Does say 4.77 40, not sure how that compares to Noah coming out of HS. 

Last year, this upcoming weekend was the biggest recruiting weekend of the year with Flagship Camp #2 going into hosting targeted recruits for tours, etc. Three commitments that Saturday. 

Hoping 360 will have a post about who will be the main targets this weekend as they’ve done in the past.

The running list of commitments (putting into alphabetical order now, not chronologic): 

Jace Boswell
Ben Buxa
Logyn Eckheart
Tyler Erkman 
Noah Gehin
Sam Hindbjorgen
Jerry Kaminski 
Jacob Lopau
Jason Maciejczak
Braden Mohr
Adam Newel
Lance Rucker

• Like 1

The NDSU board sure is getting jealous of our recruits. I don’t know why because many of them have been on visits/camps at Ag U and they chose not to offer these guys. Must be good enough to be on the radar of the top team in the FCS…… seriously have no idea why we live in their heads if we don’t count as a rival anymore…….

Any of these guys so far have a shot at playing this fall?

14 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

The NDSU board sure is getting jealous of our recruits. I don’t know why because many of them have been on visits/camps at Ag U and they chose not to offer these guys. Must be good enough to be on the radar of the top team in the FCS…… seriously have no idea why we live in their heads if we don’t count as a rival anymore…….

You may have been on the UMD site…

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

If you're talking about the ones that we just recruited, they don't come in until next year.

26 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

It would be nice if we were getting guys with more competing offers. There can only be so many diamonds in the rough.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Their recruits are better than ours so not sure why they are talking about them.