SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Recruiting

Hambone

19 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

It would be nice if we were getting guys with more competing offers. There can only be so many diamonds in the rough.

It would be nice to know just what kind of offers our guys had before they committed.   The Wiki page doesn't show what our commits had from other schools.   I kinda lost track on this thread but I do remember one guy had a Kent State offer and one had something from UNI and I think there were some from the military academies.   Are those the only biggies?

Does Wiki even show all the offers we have put out there?

On 6/27/2022 at 7:40 AM, AJS said:

Keep them coming! I've said before and I do mean it that either this coaching staff is above average talent evaluators or above average coaches. They seem to put very competitive products on the field without (as subjective at the FCS level as it is) winning the "recruiting rankings". 

My thought process has changed over the years, my hope now going into the recruiting season is they get as many commitments as they can during the early portion of the recruiting season (June / July). Guys that they see in person and offer early. Five so far in June is really solid.

Repost. 

Everyone is with @geaux_sioux that you'd like to see more competing offers. From an optimism standpoint though, see the post on 06/27. To me that early period will last until Fall camp. Looking at commits with no or limited competing FCS offers. Each individual will be different, but we don't know where they rank (i.e. Tier) of the other Dakota's / MVFC teams. By this point, I would think schools would be onto Tier 2 / 3 of recruits. Let's use recent offer William Paepke as an example. UND offers him after the Saturday camp (07/16). Keenan Wilson commits to NDSU later on that day (07/16). SDSU (and UND) had offers out to Wilson. SDSU offers Paepke on 07/18. That could just be a coincidence, but you get the point. We don't know where some of these guys were tiered at other schools. 

The next couple weeks are crucial for UND to get 2 or 3 more from the most recent offer list. What I don't want to see is a late surge like last year. At that point, I think you have really worked your way down the tiers of offers. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Hawkster said:

It would be nice to know just what kind of offers our guys had before they committed.   The Wiki page doesn't show what our commits had from other schools.   I kinda lost track on this thread but I do remember one guy had a Kent State offer and one had something from UNI and I think there were some from the military academies.   Are those the only biggies?

Does Wiki even show all the offers we have put out there?

Wiki is up to date on current offers. I had been removing other offers committed players had, I can put those back up. 

Wiki gets updated as soon as I can manage, thanks to those who remain patient until I can edit it. 

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

Wiki is up to date on current offers. I had been removing other offers committed players had, I can put those back up. 

Wiki gets updated as soon as I can manage, thanks to those who remain patient until I can edit it. 

Thank you.   I can about imagine how much work it is to keep Wiki up to date right now

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, AJS said:

Repost. 

Everyone is with @geaux_sioux that you'd like to see more competing offers. From an optimism standpoint though, see the post on 06/27. To me that early period will last until Fall camp. Looking at commits with no or limited competing FCS offers. Each individual will be different, but we don't know where they rank (i.e. Tier) of the other Dakota's / MVFC teams. By this point, I would think schools would be onto Tier 2 / 3 of recruits. Let's use recent offer William Paepke as an example. UND offers him after the Saturday camp (07/16). Keenan Wilson commits to NDSU later on that day (07/16). SDSU (and UND) had offers out to Wilson. SDSU offers Paepke on 07/18. That could just be a coincidence, but you get the point. We don't know where some of these guys were tiered at other schools. 

The next couple weeks are crucial for UND to get 2 or 3 more from the most recent offer list. What I don't want to see is a late surge like last year. At that point, I think you have really worked your way down the tiers of offers. 

Alot of top guys used to wait til the end to commit but that seems to have changed drastically in the last handful of years. I think kids are starting to prefer committing and then enjoying their senior season.

12 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Alot of top guys used to wait til the end to commit but that seems to have changed drastically in the last handful of years. I think kids are starting to prefer committing and then enjoying their senior season.

To me committing before senior year makes sense. It's insurance against an injury that could get you quickly off the radar. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

To me committing before senior year makes sense. It's insurance against an injury that could get you quickly off the radar. 

That, and I'm sure a few figure if they have an outstanding senior year and something better comes along they can flip.   It's sad that it happens but it does.

• Upvote 2

The running list of commitments (putting into alphabetical order now, not chronologic): 

Ethan Boll
Jace Boswell
Ben Buxa
Logyn Eckheart
Tyler Erkman 
Noah Gehin
Sam Hindbjorgen
Jerry Kaminski 
Jacob Lopau
Jason Maciejczak
Braden Mohr
Adam Newel
Lance Rucker

Note: Miller says 12 (13 now?). Who's not on this list? 

24 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The running list of commitments (putting into alphabetical order now, not chronologic): 

Ethan Boll
Jace Boswell
Ben Buxa
Logyn Eckheart
Tyler Erkman 
Noah Gehin
Sam Hindbjorgen
Jerry Kaminski 
Jacob Lopau
Jason Maciejczak
Braden Mohr
Adam Newel
Lance Rucker

Note: Miller says 12 (13 now?). Who's not on this list? 

Running list of UND football's 2023 recruiting class - Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, East Grand Forks news, weather & sports

Looks like you have them all.  Your list has 13 which includes Boll.

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

@Hamboneis Boll targeted at a position or is he a nice local option? What's book on him? 

Nice local option? Naw, kid has some raw strength and talent. State wrestling champ at 195 and a solid two way player in football. Will probably line up on the defensive side of the ball (inside /outside LB). 

EDIT* His Aunt was a STAND OUT BBALL player for UND in the late 90's/early 2000's.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

Nice local option? Naw, kid has some raw strength and talent. State wrestling champ at 195 and a solid two way player in football. Will probably line up on the defensive side of the ball (inside /outside LB). 

So ... "targeted at a position". ;)