SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Recruiting

Hambone

8 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Anyone know if we’re looking at this qb with a familiar name?

I would guess so.  We were also looking at Ryan Schuster (another brother) who is a freshman at Lafayette this year and has won three "rookie of the week" for the conference awards, but we never offered him.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Anyone know if we’re looking at this qb with a familiar name?

Its kind of funny that YSU had him at the game where they were playing against his brother. Seems like a strange dynamic, but obviously these kids are there to see more than who wins and who loses.

Without knowing anything about this kid, I'd be interested purely on if he is close to the player tommy is becoming. Excited with what I'm hearing about this Wisconsin kid though.

7 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Its kind of funny that YSU had him at the game where they were playing against his brother. Seems like a strange dynamic, but obviously these kids are there to see more than who wins and who loses.

Without knowing anything about this kid, I'd be interested purely on if he is close to the player tommy is becoming. Excited with what I'm hearing about this Wisconsin kid though.

My first thought is 6’2” my ass.

On 10/10/2022 at 6:53 AM, Hambone said:

I would guess so.  We were also looking at Ryan Schuster (another brother) who is a freshman at Lafayette this year and has won three "rookie of the week" for the conference awards, but we never offered him.

That family has some talent! Starting as a true freshman is unreal. But Tommy still has that Michigan POY accomplishment to brag about to his lil brothers…….!

I wonder if the lack of skill players so far is an indicator that the staff feels these are the type of guys more readily available in the transfer portal, i.e. hoosman and red.  Or they just haven't found the right fit yet or their targets just haven't committed or committed elsewhere. Guess we'll wait and see. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

I wonder if the lack of skill players so far is an indicator that the staff feels these are the type of guys more readily available in the transfer portal, i.e. hoosman and red.  Or they just haven't found the right fit yet or their targets just haven't committed or committed elsewhere. Guess we'll wait and see. 

Yes, I kind of hope we can find an FBS guy or two in the portal. 

Looks like Kaminski is racking up the TD's. He is going to love Danny's offense.

Mark Nesbitt

@mark_nesbitt54

Sun Prairie East senior quarterback Jerry Kaminski has tossed five touchdowns in the first half. The Cardinals have scored 21 points off five Vikings’ turnovers.

8:24 PM · Oct 14, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

13 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Yes, I kind of hope we can find an FBS guy or two in the portal. 

FBS, D2, D3 ... find the right skill guy. Worth noting Jaleel Mclaughlin came up from D2 Notre Dame College, no down from an FBS school.

That being said if we could find an effective drop down like Alex Tillman, I'd take it. Keep winning and making a name for UND this year and you have a better chance to attract some of these kids for next year.

I'm completely opposed to building the entire roster through the portal like Missouri State does, BUT I'll all for filling in some holes with the right people.

• Upvote 3

On 10/14/2022 at 8:30 PM, siouxfan512 said:

FBS, D2, D3 ... find the right skill guy. Worth noting Jaleel Mclaughlin came up from D2 Notre Dame College, no down from an FBS school.

That being said if we could find an effective drop down like Alex Tillman, I'd take it. Keep winning and making a name for UND this year and you have a better chance to attract some of these kids for next year.

I'm completely opposed to building the entire roster through the portal like Missouri State does, BUT I'll all for filling in some holes with the right people.

This is the way.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 11:30 PM, siouxfan512 said:

A horse, I mean Hoos, for the RB room; a RH shot defensive defenseman or two <-- targeted needs, targeted people/personalities. 

• Like 1