SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Recruiting

Hambone

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

This probably isn’t the best spot for this but what does Red River have in Pearce Parks? Sophomore QB sounds like he’s thriving as the season goes on. Is he an FCS talent level? Obviously his brother Paine is on UND. 

My guess if he is Vern would let Bubba know. Wish Red River stayed at the higher level of football in North Dakota.

3 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

This probably isn’t the best spot for this but what does Red River have in Pearce Parks? Sophomore QB sounds like he’s thriving as the season goes on. Is he an FCS talent level? Obviously his brother Paine is on UND. 

At the very least he’s a big strong athlete. Could blossom into a legit qb target. He’s a hard worker too. Really bright future.

On 10/27/2022 at 4:42 PM, sioux24/7 said:

UND needs to recruit him. He’s an athlete, like @geaux_sioux said, and his brother will be on the team. He needs to end up at UND. Good coaches will be able to figure it out from there. Of course, I hope it works out for him to be a dual threat QB for UND. He’s got loads of potential. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND needs to recruit him. He’s an athlete, like @geaux_sioux said, and his brother will be on the team. He needs to end up on UND. Good coaches will be able to figure it out from there. Of course, I hope it works out for him to be a dual threat QB for UND. He’s got loads of potential. 

“Parks ran for 93 yards and passed for 160 and had four total touchdowns in leading the Roughriders to a 40-7 win over Wahpeton in the North Dakota Class 11A quarterfinals at Cushman Field.”

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/prep/grand-forks-red-river-football-advances-to-state-semifinals-for-first-time-since-1991

10 minutes ago, homer said:

After watching him last night, kid will be a great college player somewhere (hopefully UND).  Still a project but the athleticism and tools are all there.  Great athlete. 

I felt sorry for the (foot shorter) Minot defender trying to cover. It should've been PI in the end zone late in the first half. 

• Upvote 1

So how much do we dip into the portal during the offseason, specifically for defense? CB, DE, LB? With the way our offense has been moving (losing Hoos and Maag) and the way our defense has struggled, I would think tightening up that D would be a huge priority. Not Petrino style, but if the right guys are there.

Also how dependent on landing some of the better transfers is dependent on our success over the next few weeks?

I love the 3-4 defense, but if our D is so complicated that it takes a couple years to learn it, it may be time to re evaluate the strategy here.  Find a D that can allow us to take advantage of the portal, so we can fill spots when needed.  I really like our Offense right now, so I don't think that should change.  With the T portal the way it is today, we don't have a large enough roster to have both a confusing offense and defense, because attrition will kill us with less guys staying in the system long enough to learn the system and thrive.  A guy like Buckner should be able to have a larger impact, otherwise I fear we will constantly be rebuilding the D.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

So how much do we dip into the portal during the offseason, specifically for defense? CB, DE, LB? With the way our offense has been moving (losing Hoos and Maag) and the way our defense has struggled, I would think tightening up that D would be a huge priority. Not Petrino style, but if the right guys are there.

Also how dependent on landing some of the better transfers is dependent on our success over the next few weeks?

Idk if we should bring in corners. Safety, we should bring in 2. OLB, 2-3. DL? Depends how they feel about the young guys. 

11 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

Any word or feedback about the 82 possible recruits who attended the SDSU game? I hope the UND integrity, as compared to the targeting call, attracted quality students.

In this day and age, I’m sure winning is more appealing. 

UND lost that game. 

4 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

In this day and age, I’m sure winning is more appealing. 

UND lost that game. 

What we have learned here is that no recruit … ever… goes to a school … ever… if they have …. ever… lost a game … EVER!!!

#WinThemAll #NeverLose #UNDRecruits