SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Recruiting

Hambone

2 hours ago, Goose15 said:

From what I have heard, Elrichs who we recruited last year will be our kickoff guy.  Sounds like his technique with field goals isn't always consistent. 

I was thinking I remembered something with the last kicker we were recruiting but then thought we still got one, so I actually had to check our roster last night to see.  CJ Elrichs is on the roster.  I checked out his Hudl last night, he had a few kickoffs hit the back of the end zone.  Granted it will be 5 yards further back in college but he will probably have gotten stronger, so I could see him being our kickoff guy.  It's nice getting a lot of deep kickoffs this year and not having to worry about getting a big return against us.

Here is is hudl:  https://www.hudl.com/profile/15021318/CJ-Elrichs

22 hours ago, shep said:

But we need to fire the coaches that recruited them because the team isn't that good and if you don't believe that you're mediocre too and don't care about UND football.

SMH

for the last 15 years or so....."we got this guy!!!!!!   we got this stud!!!!!!!!  we got this gamechanger!!!!!!!!!!!.......here we come ndac bc we got x,y, and z

und football winning % last 15 years....................maybe 50% and you wonder why people are a little salty

17 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

for the last 15 years or so....."we got this guy!!!!!!   we got this stud!!!!!!!!  we got this gamechanger!!!!!!!!!!!.......here we come ndac bc we got x,y, and z

und football winning % last 15 years....................maybe 50% and you wonder why people are a little salty

image.jpeg.fb063f893ed6aac0d0c4c998b13520aa.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Detroit Lakes Sr. Ethan Carrier ran for 313 yds on 9 carries against Perham tonight. He is a PWO commit for Gophers. 6’ 2” 190lbs. 4.6 40. He and his younger brother Mason 6’2” 215lb Jr LB, RB, QB excelled at Gophers Elite camp last summer. Mason is Gophers first 2024 commit. Gophers project Ethan as a DB and Mason as a LB. I would hope UND would try to “flip” Ethan with a scholarship offer. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Detroit Lakes Sr. Ethan Carrier ran for 313 yds on 9 carries against Perham tonight. He is a PWO commit for Gophers. 6’ 2” 190lbs. 4.6 40. He and his younger brother Mason 6’2” 215lb Jr LB, RB, QB excelled at Gophers Elite camp last summer. Mason is Gophers first 2024 commit. Gophers project Ethan as a DB and Mason as a LB. I would hope UND would try to “flip” Ethan with a scholarship offer. 

Hold on.

He did that on NINE carries?

4 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Do you think Ethan would flip given his younger brother is planning to join him in Minneapolis in a year? I’m afraid this could be a situation that UND has very little leverage in, even with a scholarship offer. 

4 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Do you think Ethan would flip given his younger brother is planning to join him in Minneapolis in a year? I’m afraid this could be a situation that UND has very little leverage in, even with a scholarship offer. 

That makes sense, but could this be a situation like the Romfos where they start at separate places and then get together at UND?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Probably not. At the Gopher Elite camp he played corner and shut down the elite corners except for once when he got beat deep. He is a quiet but really hard nosed kid. I would offer him so if things don’t work out at Minn we might get him through transfer portal. Same with his younger brother but they scholarshiped Mason. Neither of these guys will be satisfied just to be on the team. They want to play. I told Bubba a year ago about these guys. They were at UND’s camps and liked UND but they are Minnesota kids. I would offer both but I think both can play for Gophers. 

1 hour ago, shep said:

That makes sense, but could this be a situation like the Romfos where they start at separate places and then get together at UND?

Maybe. I think both of them have ability to play for Gophers but I would offer and let them know we would want them if things don’t work out. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Tall and pale and young and slow the wide receiver from UND goes running down the sideline tightly covered by a superior athlete and all the coaches go uggggghhh.

- Frank Sinatra

BUT........ 4.004 GPA.  He could be Academic All-American with some hard work at study table.  (comments totally not fair or targeted at this kid, just bashing the past trend)

• Upvote 2

On 9/28/2022 at 10:37 AM, The Sicatoka said:

I don't see a 40 time in his Twitter bio ... if you don't note it I worry it's not noteworthy. 

Alternatively, he did attend NDSU's junior day and chose UND. 

Have no idea of NDSU’s interest in this kid or what kind of a player he may turn out to be, but schools invite  5-10 times the number of kids (or more) that they can actually offer.