SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Recruiting

Hambone

9 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I know nothing about the kid, but a SD kid that neither SD school offered? I wonder what the issue was? The injury last year?

A little odd, but I don't think it's fair to just assume there's an issue.  Are schools done making offers now, would one have come once top targets at the SD schools committed elsewhere?

The running list of commitments (putting into alphabetical order now, not chronologic):

Tyler Erkman 
Sam Hindbjorgen
Jerry Kaminski 
Jacob Lopau
Jason Maciejczak
Braden Mohr
Lance Rucker

... and can they give a guy a break on spelling some of these names? :huh: :lol:

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

I know nothing about the kid, but a SD kid that neither SD school offered? I wonder what the issue was? The injury last year?

He was playing closer to Laramie than either of the SD schools and it looks like he's had some contact with both of the XDSU's.

Based on this article, it also appears he's moving to Pierre to play his senior season:
https://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/high-school-sports/2022/05/09/douglas-star-offensive-lineman-jason-maciejczak-join-pierre-football/9709660002/

That means he'll be blocking for big-time QB recruit Lincoln Kienholz, who holds offers from Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Arkansas St, Colorado St, Illinois, Kansas State, Minnesota, Pitt, Washington State, NDSU and SDSU.

7 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

He was playing closer to Laramie than either of the SD schools and it looks like he's had some contact with both of the XDSU's.

Based on this article, it also appears he's moving to Pierre to play his senior season:
https://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/high-school-sports/2022/05/09/douglas-star-offensive-lineman-jason-maciejczak-join-pierre-football/9709660002/

That means he'll be blocking for big-time QB recruit Lincoln Kienholz, who holds offers from Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Arkansas St, Colorado St, Illinois, Kansas State, Minnesota, Pitt, Washington State, NDSU and SDSU.

That says something about this kids talent. I assume the injury scared some teams away.

7 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Cleaning up the central campus corridor (tearing down the eyesores) was bemoaned and belittled until folks saw how much better it could look. 

I enjoy the drive from University Park to 42nd Street now, and I really enjoy showing it to folks that haven't seen it in a while. 

Fewer, newer, efficient buildings and a better facilities budget to boot! 

One thing I would do is add a scramble crossing at University and Oxford/Centennial and use green and white to mark it on the roads.  North Dakota's version of Shibuya and a campus photo op.

7 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I thought that his dad was the head coach RC Douglas.  I wonder if he is coaching at Pierre Riggs now.  The Govs should be tough again this year.

Do these guys have more pressure on them to lock up offers because of less spots due to transfers or less overall opportunities across the board? If they don’t get offers to their top schools are they committing to lock up those spots?

These guys seem to want to be at UND because not long after getting the offer they are committing. Not waiting for other offers but jumping at the opportunity to be at UND. I rather them commit early before they get more D1 offers!

2 minutes ago, FSSD said:

I thought that his dad was the head coach RC Douglas.  I wonder if he is coaching at Pierre Riggs now.  The Govs should be tough again this year.

Well now that I read the link provided.  I can answer my own questions.  Yes and Yes.

36 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I love seeing all the committs. But it’s time for us to up the production value. Look at this. This is big time.

pretty neat

but let’s see what they actually do on game day as college football players… plenty of work to do for UND in 2022…

2021 was fireable and still leaves a sour taste

8 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I love seeing all the committs. But it’s time for us to up the production value. Look at this. This is big time.

Yeah ... those machinery quonsets and grain tanks behind the grandstands at the start scream big time. 

• Upvote 3