SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Recruiting

Hambone

4 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Highschool “6’2” “ is a lot like those guys from Fargo south who all said they could squat 500lbs. 

High school 6’2”? 

Jesus Christ, people need to just use a f*ckin’ tape measure and call it good…

but, I agree, he’ll probably end up being 6” or 6’1” at best 

still better than current height UND has at QB …

41 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Need at least 1 - 2 QBs per class, so this is definitely a good thing. Hope he turns out to be a good college football player 

We need to hit a home run at qb at some point for Christ’s sake. It’s getting ridiculous. Maybe Quincy will get some run this year or Romfro.

Keep them coming! I've said before and I do mean it that either this coaching staff is above average talent evaluators or above average coaches. They seem to put very competitive products on the field without (as subjective at the FCS level as it is) winning the "recruiting rankings". 

My thought process has changed over the years, my hope now going into the recruiting season is they get as many commitments as they can during the early portion of the recruiting season (June / July). Guys that they see in person and offer early. Five so far in June is really solid.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

No doubt about this, wish Kennedy was still around.

Acting president Schafer (the bridge from Kelley to Kennedy) deserves acknowledgement here. He left a great situation for Kennedy. 

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Thanks to Kennedy for transforming the campus in his short time. Also shout out to Brian Larson, the real star behind the scenes. The updates to the campus have impressed recruits.

Cleaning up the central campus corridor (tearing down the eyesores) was bemoaned and belittled until folks saw how much better it could look. 

I enjoy the drive from University Park to 42nd Street now, and I really enjoy showing it to folks that haven't seen it in a while. 

Fewer, newer, efficient buildings and a better facilities budget to boot! 

• Upvote 4

One more: Moving the steam plant (and coal pile) has cleaned up that area of campus.

My only concern is fuel. The old plant was coal (stable cost); the new plant is natural gas and that pricing and supply has become, shall we politely say, volatile in the present environment. 

PS - Another nat-gas line to Grand Forks would be a good thing. 

1 minute ago, SiouxFan100 said:

If geaux is impressed I am impressed 

geaux = Simon 

To be fair I don’t know !@#$ about OL play but I see him burying guys in his highlights and playing like 6 different positions. Moves pretty well and is an absolute menace.

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

To be fair I don’t know !@#$ about OL play but I see him burying guys in his highlights and playing like 6 different positions. Moves pretty well and is an absolute menace.

I know nothing about the kid, but a SD kid that neither SD school offered? I wonder what the issue was? The injury last year?

1 minute ago, nd1sufan said:

I know nothing about the kid, but a SD kid that neither SD school offered? I wonder what the issue was? The injury last year?

That's strange, but he visited Nebraska (see his Twitter) ... so what's that saying?