SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Recruiting

Hambone

While much of the board has devolved into discussing legal issues, I see quite a few offers were made this weekend. Too lazy to bring them here.

Also wondering how recruits did at the Shriners games. Anyone know?

On 6/7/2022 at 9:03 PM, iramurphy said:

Ethan Carrier 6’2” 195lb RB DB LB from Detroit Lakes offered a PWO by Gophers. He and his younger brother excelled at recent Gopher camp. Ran a 4.6 forty.  Ethan will be a senior  this year. Gophers offered 2024 younger brother Mason Carrier 6’2” 215 lb RB, QB, LB. Ran a 4.7 forty. 35” vertical. Strongest kid on the team. Second leading scorer and leading rebounder on BB team. Both are A Students and multiple event guys in track. They have been to UND’s camp. I sent Bubba a note last fall. I was hoping we could keep them “ under the radar” but offered Mason and PWO to Ethan will be tough to get them. 

Both Carriers committed to the Gophers. Ethan is a 2023 PWO as a walk on DB. Mason is Fleck’s first 2024 commitment as a LB. They had been to UND’s camp last year. I was hoping we could sneak them under the radar. Not sure we had offers out to either. 

I love to see it! I have noticed some kids committing to schools lately to announce it are using the schools like official font and write up like it’s a press release or something. It’s a small thing but would love to see us get that set up for commits. 

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

Same school as Matt.  This is our third commit

IUuacYqt_x96.jpg

My god and the same size! Guy already looks like a beast! Keep that pipeline going!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

Same school as Matt.  This is our third commit

IUuacYqt_x96.jpg

Had an offer from UNI. They’re one of the schools you love to beat for a lineman.

• Upvote 1