SiouxSports.com Forum

Anyone Care About Youngstown St?

shep

9 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

UND wins the next two at home handily, makes it interesting enough in Brookings in a loss, 5-6 to end the season and the coaching staff stays firmly intact.   Lather, rinse, repeat for 2022.    

This is correct. I agree with this take. 
UND beats YSU.

Average football and Grand Forks go together like salt and pepper. 

7 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Wait.

They took the Rhombus Guys Pizza out?

Years ago but fear not!  Rhombus Guys now does a frozen pizza that's $11 a pie and tastes like meat your car ran over on a cardboard crust with almost no sauce.  You can get a MUCH better frozen pizza at Hugo's for half the price and GOD I miss Bonita's (out of Hatton, ND) Chicago Italian Sausage frozen pizza.   THE GREATEST FROZEN PIZZA EVER!  

Deeks at Alerus is average at best.   Nothing original but they deliver late so great!  DRUNK pizza:-)  For better delivery pizza - go with Boss Pizza!  Original recipes, good pies and their chicken is good too.

9 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Years ago but fear not!  Rhombus Guys now does a frozen pizza that's $11 a pie and tastes like meat your car ran over on a cardboard crust with almost no sauce.  You can get a MUCH better frozen pizza at Hugo's for half the price and GOD I miss Bonita's (out of Hatton, ND) Chicago Italian Sausage frozen pizza.   THE GREATEST FROZEN PIZZA EVER!  

Deeks at Alerus is average at best.   Nothing original but they deliver late so great!  DRUNK pizza:-)  For better delivery pizza - go with Boss Pizza!  Original recipes, good pies and their chicken is good too.

Deeks at the Alerus or Deeks?

15 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Deeks at the Alerus or Deeks?

Deeks is average at best no matter where you get it.   Good enough for a party but there are a lot better pies in GF.   Boss PIzza does amazing pies and delivers late (their chicken is also very good - discovered them on work trips to Sioux Falls before they came to GF - they're legit)

Pete's Za also has some great pies - try the Caribbean!   It's too die for.   They also have some great Korean GojuChang wings.

Rhombus is fine but jeezus - $40 to have a pizza delivered???  They're not that good plus their owners are pretentious dicks. 

10 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Deeks is average at best no matter where you get it.   Good enough for a party but there are a lot better pies in GF.   Boss PIzza does amazing pies and delivers late (their chicken is also very good - discovered them on work trips to Sioux Falls before they came to GF - they're legit)

Pete's Za also has some great pies - try the Caribbean!   It's too die for.   They also have some great Korean GojuChang wings.

Rhombus is fine but jeezus - $40 to have a pizza delivered???  They're not that good plus their owners are pretentious dicks. 

Rhombus uses frozen dough, they don’t deserve our money.

On 11/5/2021 at 11:28 PM, gfNDfan said:

... I miss Bonita's (out of Hatton, ND) Chicago Italian Sausage frozen pizza.   THE GREATEST FROZEN PIZZA EVER!  

No, the greatest was Pizza Corner out of Valley City before Dave Zubrod sold out the frozen side of the business to some MN/WI company. 

Thank goodness the original storefront is still there so you can still get a Spoiler or a Manhandler. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/5/2021 at 11:28 PM, gfNDfan said:

Deeks at the Alerus is a frozen Tombstone pizza put in deeks box. I was very disappointed, that is not deeks pizza.

3 hours ago, Kab said:

aren’t they usually voted best pizza in town?

who might you suggest

There are many things my family misses from Grand Forks. Rhombus guys is definitely one of them. Tell me where you can find a pizza comparable to Blue Heaven or Louisiana Saturday Night. Their wild mushroom is also good. Who knew the dough is frozen because it still taste pretty darn good!

Other restaurants we miss: Speedway, Parrots Cay, Blue Moose……. I sure miss GF!

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

No, the greatest was Pizza Corner out of Valley City before Dave Zubrod sold out the frozen side of the business to some MN/WI company. 

Thank goodness the original storefront is still there so you can still get a Spoiler or a Manhandler. 

This....^^^^

Back in the day he was just known as "Pizza Dave".

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Clerked a couple summers ago in Valley. Was a regular at Pizza Corner for lunch. Phenomenal.