SiouxSports.com Forum

UND travels to Southern Illinois Oct. 16 2p.m.

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

12 minutes ago, shep said:

Truth be told, I hate arguing with people. It's usually a waste of time and energy.

But you come off as super fan because you see the downside to almost all that happens to this team.  NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE who comes to this board is happy about the last 3 games. Your tone is that most of us just don't care, have low standards and because we don't complain we accept mediocrity. That is so far from reality I can't continue this discussion.

My tone? Agree to disagree, but I certainly do not think most on here have low standards, but of course some do. Mediocrity as a DI football program will do that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Not to throw gas on internet rumors, but if he truly isn't all-in on playing football for UND, that can become very infectious.

to add the contrarian viewpoint - last week on UND360 podcast they were discussing who the leaders are on the fb team with Tom Miller.  He said that Otis is a leader at least through his actions at practice where he is high energy, practices hard and elevates the rest of the team - similar to Santiago.   He said they miss Nguyen from a leadership standpoint and Otis when he's not playing.

I know that isn't exactly the same but it does point to some positives and hopefully the sick thing was just that.  

16 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Did Tom Miller tell us he was not at some practices last week and was not expected to play?

Exactly...I wish these reporters would just do their job and ask these kind of questions. They are either scared to or are simply told not to. Seen it in Fargo for years with the absurd amount of sports reporters they have down there. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, GoHawks said:

Exactly...I wish these reporters would just do their job and ask these kind of questions. They are either scared to or are simply told not to. Seen it in Fargo for years with the absurd amount of sports reporters they have down there. 

Just ask Klieman over at k-state.....

21 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

It’s almost as if some of you think Tom is responsible for letting Bubba know that Otis wasn’t practicing. 

Hardly the case. 
There is an amount of information the coaches likely don't want to get out to the public - then to opposing team.
Being some of this is the coaches' desires, Tom understands were the line is and abides.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I think a lot of people have made a mountain out of a molehill.  Let's just see if he suits up and plays on Saturday instead of expecting the worse and/or bashing on people. I expect Otis to play and have a big game on Saturday. 

It’s because we’re losing games.

Bubba seemed pretty annoyed when they asked him about the Otis question. He sounded frustrated that Otis didn’t practice all week. I feel like maybe he expressed the need for guys to practice if the my want to play and maybe Otis felt like he should still get to play even though he missed a bunch of practice. Otis better run for 200 and put this to bed

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Bubba seemed pretty annoyed when they asked him about the Otis question. He sounded frustrated that Otis didn’t practice all week. I feel like maybe he expressed the need for guys to practice if the my want to play and maybe Otis felt like he should still get to play even though he missed a bunch of practice. Otis better run for 200 and put this to bed

That would be really nice to see.