SiouxSports.com Forum

"Stogies and Scotch" - Pick the 2021 Field

The Sicatoka

24 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Being The Loveland region has both Mankato and Omaha in it I'm going to refer to Mankato as the Mavericks and Omaha as the Mavettes.

3 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Uno prefers red cows. 

How about the Little Red Mavettes?

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

The guy just can’t help himself.

I think he tries to be the Brad Marchand of the Midwest. It’s too bad, the kid does have some skill. Last year he was on a tear. Hard to help from the box and his numbers show it. Looked on EP and he has 1 goal.

As mentioned we for some reason are the late game and it's not even on tv. But the most egregious thing is the winner of the Fargo night game has only 21 hours from puck drop to Saturday puck drop. Much less than any other region late game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Smoggy said:

As mentioned we for some reason are the late game and it's not even on tv. But the most egregious thing is the winner of the Fargo night game has only 21 hours from puck drop to Saturday puck drop. Much less than any other region late game.

That makes it about 18 hours from the end of the Friday night game.  That's brutal for the #1 overall seed.  Aside from needing to win Friday, it would be good if that were to happen in a way that allowed the fourth line to get a lot of third period minutes.

10 hours ago, Smoggy said:

22 minutes ago, jk said:

That makes it about 18 hours from the end of the Friday night game.  That's brutal for the #1 overall seed.  Aside from needing to win Friday, it would be good if that were to happen in a way that allowed the fourth line to get a lot of third period minutes.

What kind of amateur hour bullsh#t is this?  Oh, right, this is an NCAA event.

8 minutes ago, Mrchip56 said:

My question is, who is the irresponsible entity that made up this schedule?   Total bush league!

My guess is this.  ESPN probably has "real" sports they want to put on ESPN2 and ESPNU on Friday night.  However, the afternoon is a different matter.  They elected to go with the Wisconsin and Michigan games in the afternoon, rather than UND, probably for tv ratings.  We might have a better "in person" following, but we aren't going to match schools like the B1G schools or a team like BC for a television audience.  Now, admittedly, even the B1G schools and BC draw pathetic viewership for hockey.  Thus, they'll broadcast the "cream" of the hockey games, but only during the afternoon.

9 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

My guess is this.  ESPN probably has "real" sports they want to put on ESPN2 and ESPNU on Friday night.  However, the afternoon is a different matter.  They elected to go with the Wisconsin and Michigan games in the afternoon, rather than UND, probably for tv ratings.  We might have a better "in person" following, but we aren't going to match schools like the B1G schools or a team like BC for a television audience.  Now, admittedly, even the B1G schools and BC draw pathetic viewership for hockey.  Thus, they'll broadcast the "cream" of the hockey games, but only during the afternoon.

Plus, we're playing AIC. It's definitely a ratings thing.

56 minutes ago, jk said:

In this situation, adrenaline and will should take over where conditioning leaves off.   If we have a second game and lose it, I hope people don't blame it on scheduling.   

I mean, if we lose, we will know the refs screwed up.   :D

6 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Considering this is the exact same schedule as the 2015 regional in Fargo, this is what I expected. 

Also when UND was 3 vs BU in 2017 they played the early game. So I too expected the late game. Had they put it earlier people would have complained that they have to work at that time

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, burd said:

In this situation, adrenaline and will should take over where conditioning leaves off.   If we have a second game and lose it, I hope people don't blame it on scheduling.   

I mean, if we lose, we will know the refs screwed up.   :D

This is where it is nice to have a week and a half off before start of regionals.

12 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Good call, @Vegas_Sioux. That game vs Michigan started at 9:12pm! I clearly had too much of a good time attending both regional games on that Friday to remember when UND game started! :lol:

yeah after that Holy cross victory, i dont seem to recall much about the next game.  thank god for youtube

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

There better be a line in Vegas on a bench minor from Gabinet if he gets Hockey East officials.  

I am guessing they send 4 referees to each regional...with the mix of teams in the regionals I would guess it would look like this

Wisconsin's Region--4 NCHC referees

UND's Region--Hockey East/ECAC referees

BC's Region--WCHA would be the fairest as the Eastern officials overlap a little bit between ECAC and Hockey East.

Minnesota's region--Hockey East or AHA

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Hockey east is going to want MN and MN State out for the dance. Playing their odds...

I am not insinuating the referees themselves would favor one team over another but the way they call games can be an adjustment.

6 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Considering this is the exact same schedule as the 2015 regional in Fargo, this is what I expected. 

Difference is that the team(s) in the Friday evening game will have less rest before the regional final. The regional final this year is at 4:30 vs 2015 the regional final started at 8:10pm.

2 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Difference is that the team(s) in the Friday evening game will have less rest before the regional final. The regional final this year is at 4:30 vs 2015 the regional final started at 8:10pm.

They changed the time of the regional final.  It was just posted.