SiouxSports.com Forum

"Stogies and Scotch" - Pick the 2021 Field

The Sicatoka

29 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Their bracket is tough

wisco’s bracket is a joke 

Wisconsin will imo not be able to solve the Bemidji State neutral zone trap.  We play them usually every year and we have trouble solving it and we know it well.  Beavers frustrate Wisconsin and win this one imo.

1 minute ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Wisconsin will imo not be able to solve the Bemidji State neutral zone trap.  We play them usually every year and we have trouble solving it and we know it well.  Beavers frustrate Wisconsin and win this one imo.

But the Badgers have Hobey favorite Cole Caulfield...:whistling:

UND fan in me:  Suck it Denver!  Hah!  

Hockey purist in me:  Didn't Denver beat Omaha with two and a half lines and take UND to OT after UND had to rally late in their arena?

Unless the sub .500 rule comes into play, then a rule is a rule....

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

UND fan in me:  Suck it Denver!  Hah!  

Hockey purist in me:  Didn't Denver beat Omaha with two and a half lines and take UND to OT after UND had to rally late in their arena?

Unless the sub .500 rule comes into play, then a rule is a rule....

They waved the .500 rule this year, I believe

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

Dylan Holloway is a pretty big boy, with tons of skill.

I'm not saying Wisconsin doesn't have talent but they aren't accustomed to playing a dump and chase style which the Beavers will force them to play to negate their speed.  We have had the heck frustrated out of us by that trap and we are very well accustomed to it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

I'm not saying Wisconsin doesn't have talent but they aren't accustomed to playing a dump and chase style which the Beavers will force them to play to negate their speed.  We have had the heck frustrated out of us by that trap and we are very well accustomed to it.

This is a nightmare matchup for Bucky imo.

1 hour ago, jk said:

The UND and BC regionals seem tough.  If you think Mankato is sliding, as I do, MN has an easy road, as does Wisconsin.  

Mankato was playing well going in plenty of times and flamed out, so maybe this is their year to do something when they aren’t predicted to move on.