SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #2-Denver (MONDAY NIGHT HOCKEY!!!!!!!!)

Wilbur

Okay, so Denver figured out Covid, and we're back down to Colorado for some games at Magness with no Denver fans there (what else is new).  They're probably happy they won't have the crowd cheering against them on their home ice when they play North Dakota.  Sunday-Monday new hockey days.....will Midco pick up the games????  Please?  Or will amazing fans like @SiouxFanatic carry the mail for us non subscribers? 

Played kind of average last week, but got 6 points which puts them in a great spot being 5 points ahead of Duluth with a game in hand.  Denver is 11 points back of UND with the same amount of games played.  This weekend is a fantastic time to bury them if we are into burying teams that we dislike.  

I'll say UND wins on Friday night, and Denver wins Monday night hockey.  

Schlossman's article today.

UND's upcoming series at Denver has been pushed back two days and will be played at 8:07 p.m. Sunday and Monday in Magness Arena. Sunday's game will be on Midco Sports Network. Monday's game will be on CBS Sports Network. 

With the revised second half schedule, opening with two weekends in a row in Colorado, I would have been really happy with 8/9 combined points. With them getting 6 in Colorado Springs, I'd be more than happy with a split in Denver. The road in the NCHC is tough. Sweep at home, split on the road.

@Wilbur I think it's time to turn our attention on the other Pod of teams strictly to St. Cloud. Taking 9 from 12 from Duluth was extremely impressive. UND is going to need some help from Miami / Western. This weekend will be very telling. If UND can equal the point total St. Cloud picks up (this weekend), I'll feel better. Given St. Cloud's remaining schedule, I think they are sitting slightly better than UND. 

Gotta say, I don't mind at all playing on odd days/nights of the week as long as the games are televised.  The pod was awesome having games every 1-3 days.  There's enough football on Saturdays and Sundays in January to keep my sports watching wires happy, so to have UND hockey to watch on a Monday night is great.

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

Gotta say, I don't mind at all playing on odd days/nights of the week as long as the games are televised.  The pod was awesome having games every 1-3 days.  There's enough football on Saturdays and Sundays in January to keep my sports watching wires happy, so to have UND hockey to watch on a Monday night is great.

Agree with the sentiment until I find myself scheduled to officiate hockey on Mondays because those are supposed to be free of UND games. 

15 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Who did cbs bring to replace Holden?

I hope it’s not the guy that did the CC/DU game on CBSSN January 1.  He was....not good.  I don’t know if he was doing the game remote or what but he was two seconds behind the puck going into the net on more than one occasion.

Ben Holden and Clay Matvick are the best two PBP in college hockey. 

• Upvote 1