SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND Men's Basketball

SWSiouxMN

44 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

How much money does a win equal

I believe the conference gets about 330K for each game a conf team plays in.  The units (one per game played) get paid out annually for 6 years.  Conferences can split them up however they wish - not sure how the summit does it, but I would guess Summit teams get an equal share.  So I believe ORU's win nets the summit an extra 2 million over the next 6 years.  Someone please correct me if Im wrong.

3 hours ago, nodak651 said:

I believe the conference gets about 330K for each game a conf team plays in.  The units (one per game played) get paid out annually for 6 years.  Conferences can split them up however they wish - not sure how the summit does it, but I would guess Summit teams get an equal share.  So I believe ORU's win nets the summit an extra 2 million over the next 6 years.  Someone please correct me if Im wrong.

RIP @SiouxVolley Really need his knowledge right now.

40 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Ben Johnson hired as the new Gophers coach.  Love the move

Missed a few days ago but former SDSU coach TJ Otzelberger is now the head guy at Iowa State

I thought Johnson would be more a down the line guy and go to a mid major first. I like it but I would've liked a few different guys. Probably would have went with Smith or Medved as my choice but Coyle doesn't mind rolling the dice a little more. I knew the search was close to coming to a close yesterday but it sounded more like it would be tomorrow. Believe Smith and Ben Jacobson were two of the other final choices. I don't exactly know why but I just never really wanted Gates so I was happy when Marquette opened up and it seemed like he was more focused there.

Will be interesting to see if Utah goes after Smith. Sounds like they have a couple alums as NBA assistants that are also in the running.

Really want to see which way Indiana goes as well. Have to think they make a hard run at Porter Moser.

On 3/19/2021 at 5:23 PM, nodak651 said:

@kiyoat had a great breakdown of this on the Yotes board.