SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND Men's Basketball

SWSiouxMN

8 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

KSU has had some issues with Summit teams this year.

2 years ago, they tied for the Big 12 crown, what in the world has happened with Kansas State?

Didn't know that.. wow.  Don't look at Kentucky's record!

Omaha in the bonus already.

image.png.4b2959bf9bce2023c44b181d60c58870.png

On 12/28/2020 at 9:47 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

Didn't see this coming after getting whacked by Illinois.  2 good wins at home against Iowa and Michigan State. 

Gophers defense has been very solid. Lot more ball movement the last 3 and a lot less Carr dribbling. Robbins has also adjusted to the physicality and pace a lot more. Another big one tomorrow afternoon at Wisconsin. Gonna have to value every possession offensively because there will probably limited transition opportunities. Crazy thing about the Michigan State win is Minnesota really didn't play well offensively with some real bad turnovers and bad selection stretch for a good 10+ minutes in the middle of the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In the early evening games in da Summit

ORU and probable POY Max Abmas helped to pull out an 85-81 win against WIU.  Keep their chances for a top 3 seed alive

USD takes down NDSU 80-71 but the big story is that Plitzuweit suffered a serious knee injury (the USD radio mentioned he went straight to the hospital in SF).  A massive blow to USD going into the tomorrow and the tourney. 

2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Gophers continue to fall apart down the stretch, down 10 to Nebraska... yes, Nebraska.

Its going to be curtains for Baby Pitino.  Does this open the door for Craig Smith?

If not, its time to #BringMussHome

I've been a big Pitino supporter over the years but the last couple weeks I kinda accepted it is time and this week definitely got on board. Pitino seems like a great guy and he had some bad luck at times and I really wish it would've worked out better but at some point you gotta go out there and earn it and it just didn't happen. Report in early February was he would need to win his job and it hasn't happened this month. Optics will look bad paying his buyout after cutting some programs but you gotta do it.

It has been constantly shut down that Musselman will be a candidate, think a big part is the $5 million buyout. Couple other names that I thought would be heard haven't yet like Belien and Brian Dutcher as it sounds like they will go younger. Number of candidates have been mentioned a few assistants but it seems like the top 3 targets will be Craig Smith, Niko Medved, and Dennis Gates. I'd be happy with Smith or Medved and yeah part of it is the Minnesota ties and the appeal that if it goes well either one could be here forever.

15 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

I've been a big Pitino supporter over the years but the last couple weeks I kinda accepted it is time and this week definitely got on board. Pitino seems like a great guy and he had some bad luck at times and I really wish it would've worked out better but at some point you gotta go out there and earn it and it just didn't happen. Report in early February was he would need to win his job and it hasn't happened this month. Optics will look bad paying his buyout after cutting some programs but you gotta do it.

It has been constantly shut down that Musselman will be a candidate, think a big part is the $5 million buyout. Couple other names that I thought would be heard haven't yet like Belien and Brian Dutcher as it sounds like they will go younger. Number of candidates have been mentioned a few assistants but it seems like the top 3 targets will be Craig Smith, Niko Medved, and Dennis Gates. I'd be happy with Smith or Medved and yeah part of it is the Minnesota ties and the appeal that if it goes well either one could be here forever.

If it’s Neko, that might mean Dave T will be back in Maroon and Gold. 

• Upvote 1