SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND Men's Basketball

SWSiouxMN

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

u called it....

If you look at what DU has, they should have been way better this year.  You have a great guard in Townsend who can light it up, Robert Jones is an underrated big in this league, and they have a pretty good freshman in Hines Jr.  

5 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

If you look at what DU has, they should have been way better this year.  You have a great guard in Townsend who can light it up, Robert Jones is an underrated big in this league, and they have a pretty good freshman in Hines Jr.  

plus the city and school should be easy to recruit to...even having billips as your last name should'be helped?

11 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Here’s some insightful commentary from DU’s Puck Swami...

https://letsgodu.com/2021/03/01/the-billups-experiment-is-over-at-du/

They did a nice job with the write up.  You can tell that they really wanted this to work out given his connections to DU.  It’s similar to the T-Wolves and Ryan Saunders:  everyone wanted it to work, but it just wasn’t in the cards.

Sometimes.... you can’t go home again.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:
22 minutes ago, FightingSioux87 said:

I saw this on the ESPN app last night...I sure hope not!

It's 2021, so I suppose that all language, culture, history, idioms, expressions, phrases, analogies, figures of speech, etc., including without limitation the brazenly callous works of one Dr. Seuss, MUST BE WHITEWASHED immediately. 

fake MODERATOR NOTE:  This account has been permanently banned for the use of unacceptable language (shown above in red).  Irony is dead.  Acceptable alternative phrasing is WASHED, MINDWASHED, or WISHYWASHED.  There will be no warnings issued.

• Like 1

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31007034/greg-mcdermott-suspended-creighton-racially-insensitive-comments

The more I think about the Creighton situation, it dawns on me that a 56-year-old WHITE man who has been around the sport of basketball for the vast majority of his life, doesn't just become a racist, or even racially or culturally insensitive, overnight.

If there is any sport out there that is uniquely situated to weed out racism and intolerance, it has to be basketball, given its endemic diversity.  As opposed to, say, NASCAR or any of the country-club sports.

If McDermott has a clean record, and a legacy of proud, supportive players, coaches, and colleagues, how do you not give him a pass?

Hell, I once at at a Souplantation...never once gave it a thought.