SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND Men's Basketball

SWSiouxMN

I think it’d be interesting to hear what was said between the two coaches. In sports emotions run high, they both felt justified in talking a little trash for their own reasons I would imagine and maybe the history goes deeper than just this game. But if it comes down to just how this game ended, if you’re going to keep your team in a full court press down 20 in the last minute, you can’t be surprised if the other team decides to dunk on you at the horn.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bison06 said:

I think it’d be interesting to hear what was said between the two coaches. In sports emotions run high, they both felt justified in talking a little trash for their own reasons I would imagine and maybe the history goes deeper than just this game. But if it comes down to just how this game ended, if you’re going to keep your team in a full court press down 20 in the last minute, you can’t be surprised if the other team decides to dunk on you at the horn.

The semi-final matchup in Sioux Falls will be quite interesting.......

• Upvote 1

If they thought this was level of needing to suspend they should have put in full game suspensions because only having half game suspension doesn't have much hurt put on these teams. Most teams can work around half of game suspension and they still have full sqad when it comes to end of the game. The coaches being fined is okay but if want to send message it should have been players full game suspension, coaches full game suspension, and then added a fine also for the coaches. Even if this would have outcomes for teams in league conference standings it would have sent message this behavior has consequences and is not tolerated.

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

I agree if they are going to play defense, try to score. But I'm not sure dunking after the buzzer and then spending a extra time hanging on the rim to make sure it's rubbed in just a little bit extra fits that bill. Emotions got the best of a few people last night. 

10 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I agree if they are going to play defense, try to score. But I'm not sure dunking after the buzzer and then spending a extra time hanging on the rim to make sure it's rubbed in just a little bit extra fits that bill. Emotions got the best of a few people last night. 

Everything that happened on the court after the game has no defense, no place for that crap.

But dunking after the buzzer, hanging on the rim after your opponent(who is a conference rival) breaks an unwritten rule of keeping pressure defense on while down big in the final minute? That’s totally understandable from my perspective. And I’m not surprised for a second if Richman had a few things to say about it after the game if that’s how it went down.

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

If Richman stays he stays,

Not saying that it won't happen, but I'd be curious about why that is the only reason?
He definitely wouldn't be the first player (or starter for that matter) to transfer out, and that was before the new transfer portal rules.
I would have a hard time making any sort of blanket statement that any player, particularly a very good one at this level, will never look at other opportunities.