SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND Men's Basketball

SWSiouxMN

17 minutes ago, Kab said:

You would need venue locked up a year in advance 

i know this...do it. if ndac was the 1st seed last night and had the best chance to win a tourney game they should'nt have to have to play in sioux falls...same thing with st thomas und w illinois.. and so forth.......you win your conference you host and hopefully the home court advanatage sends the best summit team to the dance and make some money and noise.

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i know this...do it. if ndac was the 1st seed last night and had the best chance to win a tourney game they should'nt have to have to play in sioux falls...same thing with st thomas und w illinois.. and so forth.......you win your conference you host and hopefully the home court advanatage sends the best summit team to the dance and make some money and noise.

Big sky used to do that but must of had a reason to change

if the season ended a week earlier you could at least make plans 

will see where this goes 

not against it 

at least teams can fly into grand forks 

On 3/8/2022 at 9:58 PM, Dustin said:

Dodged that bullet. Didn’t want NDSU to win FB NAtty AND go dancing. UND needs to get their $h*t together soon, though. Seriously 

Could not agree more - However there does not appear to be an adult decision maker in the house - Armacost extended Chaves who in turn extended Bubba.  Here's our non-hockey records this year - Mens Basketball 6-25, 2-16 in the Summit.  Volleyball - 28 consecutive losses.  Women's Basketball - the star of the group with a 15-14 overall record and 9-9 in league play.  Football - well, you saw last season.  I don't see our $h*t all in one pile for a long long time sadly.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On 3/10/2022 at 5:20 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

Todd Lee out at USD.

BIg shocker down in Verm. 

Might USD's action be related to the following? 

Dosch uses the poison word "tampering" regarding our 2022 Summit MBB ROY (a SD native) going to the portal. <-- Yes, I'm inferring that's who Dosch's post is about. The timing and topic is beyond coincidence. 

That word gets NCAA attention. 

What's Dosch know. 

And was this pre-emptive action by USD. 

36 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Might USD's action be related to the following? 

Dosch uses the poison word "tampering" regarding our 2022 Summit MBB ROY (a SD native) going to the portal. <-- Yes, I'm inferring that's who Dosch's post is about. The timing and topic is beyond coincidence. 

That word gets NCAA attention. 

What's Dosch know. 

And was this pre-emptive action by USD. 

I think there’s more to it. I don’t think the Bruns situation is the reason. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I think there’s more to it. I don’t think the Bruns situation is the reason. 

See where Bruns ends up and also his brother 

it’s awful quiet on Bruns end but I’m not on twitter 

this is another NCAA TERRIBLE decision letting players transfer easily ,can a coach say no to a transfer?

The pendulum in college athletics swung from one extreme to another.  First the schools had autonomy on how transferring was done.  Now the players have virtual autonomy.

A more equitable solution must be found.  Perhaps one where once an athlete signs at a school, he/she can transfer and play immediately at another school but without scholarship.  This would only apply to transferring to a school at the same level or higher than originally signed.  As things are now athletes are using lower level D1 and D2 schools as proving grounds instead of junior colleges.  I suppose this will never happen but I think it would be better than the chaos that exists now.

On 3/9/2022 at 5:59 PM, Kab said:

Big sky used to do that but must of had a reason to change

if the season ended a week earlier you could at least make plans 

will see where this goes 

not against it 

at least teams can fly into grand forks 

Split the difference.  Give top seed s bye to championship and let them host that game and have teams 2 through 9 play for the other spot in Sioux Falls.  That way you generate revenue from planned neutral site tourney and have a guaranteed great atmosphere for final which is good for TV and promotion.  Also provides a very meaningful reward for winning regular season crown and increases likelihood best team makes it to the dance. 

1 minute ago, NewUndFan said:

Jarius Cook and Harden Hayes.  I wouldnt be surprised if Grant Nelson enters the portal too. 

Grant will have a shot at p5 schools

not so much for the other 2 

I don't know, I'm asking:

Could the portal be a result of these kids (what they are) having played on a new AAU/traveling team every two years? Changing teams like socks seems normal to them. Long-term commitment is a foreign concept. The portal is just an extention of "normal change" to them. 

(And this applies to BB and hockey.) 

I compare the portal to adults changing jobs

it used to be you worked for the same employer for life and had a good pension, that doesn’t happen anymore unless you have a government job