SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND Men's Basketball

SWSiouxMN

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

I am seeing a different outcome.  Think ORU got their wakeup call last night.  NDSU 3rd game in 3 nights.  Big man standing in the middle all game making it harder for Nelson to score, rebound.  

Blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then

• Upvote 1

I’m driving back from Bismarck to Grand Forks tomorrow with the biggest Bison fan in the office, so NDSU NOT punching a ticket to the dance was top of my priority list for the evening. If they get beat bad (at least 16, which is how many UND lost by), even better. I never rub stuff in, but at least he won’t be gloating. 

21 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Good Lord. Shock and awe lmaooo Jeebus...I work with 90% UND lawyers tomorrow morning will be tough :(

At least the Bizen were in the game to get there.  Rather have the chip and a chair than be gone round 1. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GoodGood said:

The thing is this is the first year Nelson has been asked to be the man. 

The coaches didn't think it would be an issue, they had him as preseason all-conference first team. But what do they know? 

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

I’m driving back from Bismarck to Grand Forks tomorrow with the biggest Bison fan in the office, so NDSU NOT punching a ticket to the dance was top of my priority list for the evening. If they get beat bad (at least 16, which is how many UND lost by), even better. I never rub stuff in, but at least he won’t be gloating. 

The beefy cows lost by like 35 points or so I believe. It was real ugly fairly early. 

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

A different school. Not so cheap. End of the day, you can do the job or you cant.

Agree 100%. I do not hire someone based solely on the school they attended. Besides, anyone I would hope should know no law schools are “cheap”.  Some are just more pricey than the others.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, GoodGood said:

Not sure what you’re trying to say? 

You made it sound like it was a shock that he was a huge, solid piece of NDSU's puzzle because he wasn't "the man" this year.

Regardless, not sure how you get boat-raced like that in a championship game with the pieces they did have. Either the comments about how quick they "rebuilt" were pre-mature or ORU is 5 steps above everyone else in the conference. 

30 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

You made it sound like it was a shock that he was a huge, solid piece of NDSU's puzzle because he wasn't "the man" this year.

Regardless, not sure how you get boat-raced like that in a championship game with the pieces they did have. Either the comments about how quick they "rebuilt" were pre-mature or ORU is 5 steps above everyone else in the conference. 

I’m not sure what him being preseason all summit has to do with him stepping into a new role. I can assure you it is not easy going from 3rd or 4th option to the go to guy. As talented as Nelson is, he had an up and down start to the season. I can assure you it’s hard to go from role playing bench player to the go to guard like Skunberg had to. I can assure you it’s hard to go from getting limited minutes as a freshman to playing extended minutes as a big man as Morgan did. I’m not even sure what you’re trying to argue. If you think making those adjustments is easy as a player you must have been a heck of a college player yourself 

• Like 1