SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND Men's Basketball

SWSiouxMN

Oral Bob shot the lights out against NDSU. Must have used all that good will... didn't save some for tonight. 

My bracket is wrecked. Had UVA in the title and UA in the elite 8. I dont watch a ton of ball, was very gut heavy lol

Busted brackets? I learned my lesson a couple-three-or-so decades ago: 

I was working on a grad project using Monte Carlo simulation so I had access to a pretty solid random number generator. I came up with a weighted process, generated at that time 63 random numbers, and followed the process for each game round by round to fill out a bracket. 

I then made my picks. I turned in two brackets. 

I came in bottom half of over 200.

The random number generator came in third. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Think he could end up at North Texas? I know that may seem like a smaller jump than anticipated but it sounds like McCasland is the lead for the Texas Tech job. 

I really doubt he would leave Oral Roberts to go to North Texas. I think he stays at Oral Roberts. Signed an 8 year contract after their 2021 tournament run. I think he stays at Oral Roberts at least another year or two until the right job opens up for him to continue to progress in his coaching career. 

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

In hoop, unless there's serious money involved, is that really an upgrade? I'd think he'd want an MVC school over UNT. 

I wouldn't think so. Especially with ORU's AD already saying on record that they are willing to do anything and everything they can to keep him the head coach at ORU as long as possible, I just couldn't see it. I guess who really knows, but I feel like he will be patient and wait for the perfect opportunity before leaving ORU.