SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND Men's Basketball

SWSiouxMN

5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

And with that decision, Anderson (USD) and Harden-Hayes (NDSU) have both re-opened their recruitment after originally committing to transfer to UMKC. Any chance UND has any interest in the former?

Would be a nice addition in a more up tempo offense.  

13 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Geez, at least in pro sports when a free agent says they're going somewhere they sign a deal and don't bounce again just weeks later. 

I don't blame either of those two in the least. Coach recruited them on his way out the door. Harden-Hayes specifically referenced the vision that Donlon had for him in their scheme as the reason he chose UMKC. Neither of them had signed any binding commitments yet. Honestly, good for them that they had a chance take a second look in this particular scenario.

• Upvote 1

For those who have said the transfer portal is not happening at the SU’s of the Summit, the answer is that its just taken a little longer, but it is happening. Baylor Scheierman is Creighton Jay today for Coach Mac. Will this give Creighton a boost in their quest for Final Four? It sure does.  SDSU is still a monster, but even the rabbits aren’t immune

5 minutes ago, the green team said:

For those who have said the transfer portal is not happening at the SU’s of the Summit, the answer is that its just taken a little longer, but it is happening. Baylor Scheierman is Creighton Jay today for Coach Mac. Will this give Creighton a boost in their quest for Final Four? It sure does.  SDSU is still a monster, but even the rabbits aren’t immune

a sioux stealing from the jacks...all the better!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, NewUndFan said:

That was Desean not Moody.  I believe Moody put in his tweet he and his wife want to get closer to home.   I am surprised though that DAE got a offer from Cal State Northridge. 

yeah i meant moody....but i forget dae is also a nodak too.....hope he does well at cal state but i doubt it.......to much whispering in his ear how good he is and he hasn't improved as a bball player one bit in 4 years.

19 hours ago, NewUndFan said:

That was Desean not Moody.  I believe Moody put in his tweet he and his wife want to get closer to home.   I am surprised though that DAE got a offer from Cal State Northridge. 

Other than the location, they are a team looking for players, so not that surprising I would think. They were a bit of a mess last year with some potential rules violations with the old staff. That caused roster issues and led to a 7-23 record.

https://www.dailynews.com/2022/03/17/csun-lifts-interim-tag-hires-trent-johnson-as-mens-basketball-coach/

Johnson, 65, was appointed interim head coach of the Matadors on July 20, 2021, to pick up the pieces left behind by Mark Gottfried after he and his staff were placed on paid administrative leave April 29, 2021, “upon learning of potential rules violations within the men’s basketball program,” Izzi stated.

The complications of Gottfried’s situation – which are still unclear – dragged on so long, Johnson had just five weeks to assemble a team before the fall semester. The Matadors hauled in seven transfers in a pinch to try to make up for the lost recruiting time, which led to a 7-23 season, including a 3-13 campaign in the Big West after finishing the year with seven consecutive losses.

On 5/18/2022 at 9:51 AM, jdub27 said:

Other than the location, they are a team looking for players, so not that surprising I would think. They were a bit of a mess last year with some potential rules violations with the old staff. That caused roster issues and led to a 7-23 record.

https://www.dailynews.com/2022/03/17/csun-lifts-interim-tag-hires-trent-johnson-as-mens-basketball-coach/

Wait... Mark Gottfried doing shady things?

NO........... Impossible <sarcasm>

On 5/17/2022 at 2:04 PM, NewUndFan said:

Moody to Montana 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...