SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND Men's Basketball

SWSiouxMN

So what's rumors for Freidel, Bruns, Eady, Harden Hayes, Cook, and players from South Dakota after coaching change. I see Griesel is heading home to Nebraska. If this transferring keep up Summit conference will be further weakened for the coming year. Looks like South Dakota State if keeps it core and group coming in will dominate the conference again next year.

2 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

So what's rumors for Freidel, Bruns, Eady, Harden Hayes, Cook, and players from South Dakota after coaching change. I see Griesel is heading home to Nebraska. If this transferring keep up Summit conference will be further weakened for the coming year. Looks like South Dakota State if keeps it core and group coming in will dominate the conference again next year.

SDSU should be a heavy favorite yes, but USD with AJ fully healthy will be dangerous.  NDSU still has Nelson and Morgan, giving them probably the best frontcourt in the conference, ORU will be tough still even with Abmas leaving. KC still has Allick and have seen to finally have found a coach in Donlon. 

Denver will build off of their great freshman class, UST has a good one coming in, UND will be better with their incoming freshman, Omaha has some talent and a new coach, WIU is a bit of a question.

It takes experienced teams to be effective and this constant turnover of players does nothing to build the conference stronger and i don't care how you spin it were becoming conference of rebuilding teams with the exception of South Dakota State so far. In truth we are farm system for other conferences above us and when you start having loosing teams anybody that has shown they are above average player is going to move to better team. This may not always work out but this is perception these young players are under. I look at Bruns we offered him scholarship at D I level when all he had was D II offers and as disastrous season we had he got more playing time quickening his development but when season was over he wanted to move to more winning program. He got to be FOY in the Summit and this one time happening i would write it off but this second year in row with Freshman recruit earning FOY in the Summit and he too moved on greener pastures. Now tell me how were going to build this conference who is Mid Major conference if we can't keep out young talent here in the league. I know this is the case college basketball but how are we build quality teams that compete against power conferences if talent we develop is not there when they are ready to compete with the talent of these power conferences. I think there should be some compensation for smaller conferences like this as there is professional sports like giving extra scholarships from the schools that are recruiting these transfer players and awarding them extra scholarship roster spots. Just quick thought but this would still allow players to transfer and help smaller conferences compete against the power conferences.

Does Saybien have 1 or 2 years left?

I see the player from South Dakota has declared for the NBA draft, will he get drafted?  Shireman (?sp)

so if he doesn’t use an agent and not drafted he can still come back?

55 minutes ago, Kab said:

I see the player from South Dakota has declared for the NBA draft, will he get drafted?  Shireman (?sp)

His declaration allows him to get his name out there, do some workouts and get a pre-draft "grade" that will give him an idea of where he might get drafted. He can then choose to stay in the draft or withdraw and return to college at that point.

8 hours ago, Kab said:

I believe he has 1 left.  

He never should have left.  

21 hours ago, Nodak78 said:
Seybian went from playing 25mpg and starting 25 games at UND to not being a part of the rotation at Northern Kentucky this year after which time was essentially removed from the team. Proceed into the portal with caution.

https://t.co/LoCVTj4KkG

What a baller!

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

And you thought the transfer portal was bad at UND!!  Granted, this was due to a coach being fired, but still crazy. Nothing like a bare cupboard for the next coach!!  Gonna be tough to get applicants when you don’t have any players!

8A47FAE3-9409-48E0-B3BA-9F167B50579E.png

A new coach will fill a roster quickly with the portal.  

I have my doubts when power 5 school like LSU is looking for the coach. A new coach will have extreme of setting his roster for next year with all the people in the portal right now and he can still choose high school players he wants to sign. I wouldn't be surprised the next coach has them in sweet sixteen for next year. The top power 5 schools have been winning now for years with one and done players and few transfer players added to the mix. New coaches today don't fear this like in the past.

1 hour ago, ND-fan said:

I have my doubts when power 5 school like LSU is looking for the coach. A new coach will have extreme of setting his roster for next year with all the people in the portal right now and he can still choose high school players he wants to sign. I wouldn't be surprised the next coach has them in sweet sixteen for next year. The top power 5 schools have been winning now for years with one and done players and few transfer players added to the mix. New coaches today don't fear this like in the past.

Depends what the NCAA sanctions are going to be at LSU.

Memphis, Louisville, Kansas, and Arizona are in the crosshairs as well.

Name school though so most likely UNC-Charlotte will get probation so everyone learns their lesson.