SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND Men's Basketball

SWSiouxMN

2 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

I’m not sure what him being preseason all summit has to do with him stepping into a new role. I can assure you it is not easy going from 3rd or 4th option to the go to guy. As talented as Nelson is, he had an up and down start to the season. I can assure you it’s hard to go from role playing bench player to the go to guard like Skunberg had to. I can assure you it’s hard to go from getting limited minutes as a freshman to playing extended minutes as a big man as Morgan did. I’m not even sure what you’re trying to argue. If you think making those adjustments is easy as a player you must have been a heck of a college player yourself 

If I am reading this correctly an up and down season is acceptable if the pieces are new and/or adjusting to new roles?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, homer said:

If I am reading this correctly an up and down season is acceptable if the pieces are new and/or adjusting to new roles?

I guess you’d have to go to Bisonville and see if their season was acceptable. I’m just happy ORU won 

4 minutes ago, Kab said:

Is Nelson nba ready, from what I see he is good but not at that level

He’s got all the physical tools to play in the nba. Just needs to fine tune a few things. Needs to become much more of a consistent shooter and needs another 15 pounds. He’ll go to the combine, if he performs well he’ll keep his name in the draft. 

1 hour ago, homer said:

Apparently it doesn't count if they have 40+ games of D1 experience. It takes time to adjust to new roles!

• Downvote 2

52 minutes ago, ZDosch said:

The thing is he'll probably be in the Drew Timme situation where he can make about the same amount of money playing for a major college basketball program or on a two-way contract with an NBA team. I think he's the type of kid that will want to play another year for a major college program rather than sit on the end of an NBA bench for a year or two. The experience of playing for a major college program is truly incredible and you don't have to sacrifice a paycheck so to me, it's a no-brainer. 

He's entering the draft and as SDSU found out, the bag man lives at the NBA combine. They'll be all over him and the NBA is going to tell him he has to play against better competition. He doesn't have anything left to prove at this level. 

I hope he plays another year of college ball. Feel like you see guys leave the NCAA to pursue the NBA dream and it end up with them not making the roster and IF it goes well they get a G League deal. Would love to see him go to a power 5 and have that bigger role. I like the idea of him on team that plays aggressive and fast pace like Arizona Marquette or maybe even Alabama. The power 5 D1 life is definitely an experience of a lifetime hope he gets to enjoy it

i think when oral beat und to win the summit they had streamers and stuff handed out....

i think the oral players were looking for balloons or streamers or something to rain down after they won last night and laughed when nothing came....

game should've been in Tulsa...joke

5 hours ago, ZDosch said:

The thing is he'll probably be in the Drew Timme situation where he can make about the same amount of money playing for a major college basketball program or on a two-way contract with an NBA team. I think he's the type of kid that will want to play another year for a major college program rather than sit on the end of an NBA bench for a year or two. The experience of playing for a major college program is truly incredible and you don't have to sacrifice a paycheck so to me, it's a no-brainer. 

He's entering the draft and as SDSU found out, the bag man lives at the NBA combine. They'll be all over him and the NBA is going to tell him he has to play against better competition. He doesn't have anything left to prove at this level. 

Here would be my guess of what he does. Goes to the NBA Combine, gets told it would be late 1st to mid 2nd round pick or he can go back to college ball. Unless he goes nuclear in the combine i don't see him signing an agent and entering the draft. He will enter the portal to see what schools offer. Similar to Baylor last year a lot of P5 schools will call & offer and at that point we will see if he stays or goes. 

1 minute ago, UND-SPORTS-FAN said:

Here would be my guess of what he does. Goes to the NBA Combine, gets told it would be late 1st to mid 2nd round pick or he can go back to college ball. Unless he goes nuclear in the combine i don't see him signing an agent and entering the draft. He will enter the portal to see what schools offer. Similar to Baylor last year a lot of P5 schools will call & offer and at that point we will see if he stays or goes. 

or him and schiermann can go hang out at the ole pub and wish that what the media says about them are true....

12 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i think when oral beat und to win the summit they had streamers and stuff handed out....

i think the oral players were looking for balloons or streamers or something to rain down after they won last night and laughed when nothing came....

game should've been in Tulsa...joke

Why should the game have been in Tulsa?

7 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Every school would feel the financial impact of not having the tourney in Sioux Falls.

anyone actually put those numbers on paper and compare....

how about the actual experience for the players....those guys last night should've been going out to their fav restaurant with their family's in Tulsa instead of being in cold ass sioux falls....

4 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Every school would feel the financial impact of not having the tourney in Sioux Falls.

how and why did the big10 stop going to Detroit (and i think st paul) for their post season tourney and just stay on campus now? 

22 minutes ago, UND-SPORTS-FAN said:

If he gets told he would be a late first to mid second pick than I would tell him to enter the draft. Personally I dont think he is at the point were he will be drafted. Think a team would 100% sign him for a summer league deal though.

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i think 4 conferences use campus sites....dummies!!!!! they must not be good at adding up all the cash they are losing...

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

hockey....

So the Summit leagues main sport.. which is wbb and mbb.. should forfeit a guaranteed every year 50K-70K ticketed fans at their tourney so that ORU and WIU can host a conference tourney game on their home court?

Plus.. Summit League headquarters are in SF.

It's not leaving Sioux Falls for the foreseeable future.

• Upvote 1