SiouxSports.com Forum

UND hockey team anthem kneeling

gfhockey

19 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Really? Just like all those "donors" who swore that they wouldn't give another penny to UND if the Fighting Sioux name and logo changed? I won't hold my breath.

I don’t think you have to look to far to see real life examples.  Don’t hold your breath too long.   

It may not be the individual donations that hurt (although some will), it will be the corporate donations.  

54 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I was talking to Nodak78, who is a UND football fan.  NDSU fball can kick rocks.

The players have plenty of opportunities to show support for racial equality.  If they can't think of any other way.  This is an educational opportunities for the University to educate the players in question.  Another option is the players can give up their scholarships, you know put some skin in the game.  

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The Fighting Sioux nickname issue was WAY more explosive than this. And if people want to abandon UND over this, then they shouldn't let their keisters hit the door on the way out. I will ALWAYS support UND. Period.

top_that_arrested_development.gif

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The Fighting Sioux nickname issue was WAY more explosive than this. And if people want to abandon UND over this, then they shouldn't let their keisters hit the door on the way out. I will ALWAYS support UND. Period.

<golf clap>

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Mods

Can this thread be moved somewhere else? Perhaps to the community section. Not really hockey. Thanks 

I think it falls square on Hockey I mean, it is what it is. Its 100% on the hockey team at this point, as was the MM discussion.

Unfortunately.

10 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

/end scene, mods we're done here.

Someone hit the lights on the way out.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Just now, Wilbur said:

So what about the players that don't support this protest?  Probably best to not say anything?  

I believe Gage Ausmus has shed some light on this on Twitter.

Sounds like he was told to "tone down" his conservative opinions.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

So what about the players that don't support this protest?  Probably best to not say anything?  

We've seen this over and over again. If they say anything to oppose the protest they'll be "racist". So - they'll say nothing.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I believe Gage Ausmus has shed some light on this on Twitter.

Sounds like he was told to "tone down" his conservative opinions.

I don't agree with this at all. Ausmus has a right to his own opinion. And if he doesn't want to kneel, he doesn't have to. And he shouldn't face persecution for it.

• Upvote 2

I'm not really sure what a bunch of white kids that have had a silver spoon stuck in their mouths from the moment they showed skills playing hockey really have to kneel about.  Tons of racism up on the campus these days apparently.  Wasn't that was in early 2000's when i would drink with anyone no matter the color of their skin.  How about have some balls and create some real controversy and support the Blue.  That actually would make sense given the events of this past year in Grand Forks.  Very disappointing.  I guess kids are stupid.  Now don't get me wrong I'll try forget the ones kneeling are idiots and still cheer for them, but ugh. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Does racism exist in the world today?  Yes. Is it as widespread and rampant as the activists portray it? No. Does kneeling bring awareness to the issue?  Sure. Is it going to make a difference in the long run?  Probably not much.  We can all do our part to be good people and not discriminate against those different than you.  Be the best person you can be. But that decision to do that has to be mad by each person individually. No amount of kneeling can change the type of person you are. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, snooty89 said:

I'm not really sure what a bunch of white kids that have had a silver spoon stuck in their mouths from the moment they showed skills playing hockey really have to kneel about.  Tons of racism up on the campus these days apparently.  Wasn't that was in early 2000's when i would drink with anyone no matter the color of their skin.  How about have some balls and create some real controversy and support the Blue.  That actually would make sense given the events of this past year in Grand Forks.  Very disappointing.  I guess kids are stupid.  Now don't get me wrong I'll try forget the ones kneeling are idiots and still cheer for them, but ugh. 

This is way over the line. A lot of hockey players have working-class backgrounds and their parents sacrificed a lot of things so they could play hockey. Are some of them spoiled? Probably. Are all or even most of them? I don't believe so. Our program has had athletes of good character as long as I have followed it.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to UND hockey team anthem kneeling
8 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Before the NCAA stepped in.....probably.  Once that happened everyone could see it coming unfortunately.  As for this, we will see.  Everyone has he right to make their own choices regarding this issue.  

• Upvote 2