SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 FB Recruiting

UND Fan

Just now, gundy1124 said:

We'll never turn the corner without winning the kids from Northwood Public Schools.:D  That said....sadly.....my expert opinion is this kid will translate nicely into a DE in college.  The only caveat is the adjustment of going up against guys the same size or bigger.  He looks like he's in a Jr High football league on film. 

Northwood locals are bad people. Hatton on the other hand, that’s God’s country.

Definitely disappointed that we couldn't get Azure, but it's not like one good season is enough to win all recruiting battles with an NDSU team that has dominated for so long. I'm still glad to see the caliber of recruits we are going after, and while I like Azure's size, there are still offers out to some nice looking Defensive Ends. Schweigert, King or Hamann all look good. Schweigert would be great being from ND but he is listed at 6'. Not sure how important the height is at that position, but King certainly has size at 6' 5" and 270.

I am still hoping for the following:

RB - Edwards but Gilman and Johnson would both be solid; add this to a already nice RB group with Ziebarth coming in.

WR - Hegerle! This could be a long shot, but would be so awesome. Love how the players are pushing for him on twitter. Aside from Hegerle we still have offers out to some really nice athletes. We need speed!

LB - Really hoping Luna Larson follows his brother.

CB - I don't know enough about Dixon, but you would think we would have the inside track with Otis. Would be a bummer to lose this one to NDSU. Don't know enough about the kid's skill level or how he matches up though.

Hopefully we start seeing some more commitments rolling in this week. 

21 hours ago, UND1983 said:

it will be OK.  

Right on, it's still very early and overall, when you look at the total offers handed out, only a small portion have committed. 

29 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Isn't there another UND camp this week?

July 17th is final single day camp

40 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

You would think sooner than later it would start to pick up. Let's get Larson and Dixon and really pick up some momentum!

43 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Definitely disappointed that we couldn't get Azure, but it's not like one good season is enough to win all recruiting battles with an NDSU team that has dominated for so long. I'm still glad to see the caliber of recruits we are going after, and while I like Azure's size, there are still offers out to some nice looking Defensive Ends. Schweigert, King or Hamann all look good. Schweigert would be great being from ND but he is listed at 6'. Not sure how important the height is at that position, but King certainly has size at 6' 5" and 270.

RB - Edwards but Gilman and Johnson would both be solid; add this to a already nice RB group with Ziebarth coming in.

WR - Hegerle! This could be a long shot, but would be so awesome. Love how the players are pushing for him on twitter. Aside from Hegerle we still have offers out to some really nice athletes. We need speed!

CB - I don't know enough about Dixon, but you would think we would have the inside track with Otis. Would be a bummer to lose this one to NDSU. Don't know enough about the kid's skill level or how he matches up though.

I posted last week that Edwards was going to Vanderbilt but forgot to update Wiki.

On 7/7/2021 at 8:47 AM, siouxfan512 said:

One thing we know for sure - when we get some of these guys  "they didn't want him". 

4 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

If we manage to land Roush to go along with Sutton, could it be our next Reyes/Kuksa duo? Man I always think what could have been with those two healthy. 

That would have been special.  Too many what ifs in many UND sports between 2011 and 2015... 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, AJS said:

Gillman has the following offers, Central Michigan, Dartmouth, Georgetown, UND, UNI, USD and Montana. These are the type of recruiting battles that are so important. 

Looks like he has a pretty athletic brother as well.