SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 FB Recruiting

UND Fan

6 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Does Hegerle have an offer from NDSU?

Yes and doesn’t he have some sort of NDSU connection? Because of that connection I would be surprised if they get him but he also has or is going to have P5 offers to choose from so we will see what direction he wants to go

9 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Yes and doesn’t he have some sort of NDSU connection? Because of that connection I would be surprised if they get him but he also has or is going to have P5 offers to choose from so we will see what direction he wants to go

His dad played at NDSU. He doesn't have any P5 offers currently, but I think it's fair to assume that is the hold up in him announcing. Wait and see mode if any come. 

On 7/19/2021 at 10:11 PM, UND Fan said:

Another offer:

LB Zach Gloudeman, 6'2“, 215, 4.6, Spring Green (River Valley), WI  Has offers from USD & SDSU

It would be great to land this kid over offers from the SD schools.  I think his dad has some ties to UND so that may help!

Gloudeman received a PWO offer from UW this morning.  Magli had the same offer - I hope Gloudeman makes the same decision!

On 7/21/2021 at 6:51 AM, Midwestern Hawk said:

Hegerle would be another major difference making pickup IMO.  Anyone have any info if we are close?

Given his dad played for SU and his mom went to SU also, I would be a little surprised if we got him.....but would love it if we did! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

Given his dad played for SU and his mom went to SU also, I would be a little surprised if we got him.....but would love it if we did! 

Just so SU has to pay full price.  I think that's the goal.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

What's even more telling is how he hasn't committed to them already. 

I think he is waiting for some big schools to offer before he commits anywhere.

Whether he next choice is UND, NDSU or elsewhere ... only Hegerle knows that. There is something to be said for family connections, but that isn't always enough for a kid to make a decision. What type of experience have they had on campus? Did they connect with the players they have met? What do they envisions as their role on the team? Playing time? Development? Offensive/Defensive scheme? Coaching?

When I was visiting schools, it just clicked for me. UND had something that I didn't get on other campuses. Only time will tell, but I would love to get Hegerle, Larson and Gilman .... that, in addition to who we already have, would be a homerun class.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I think he is waiting for some big schools to offer before he commits anywhere.

Whether he next choice is UND, NDSU or elsewhere ... only Hegerle knows that. There is something to be said for family connections, but that isn't always enough for a kid to make a decision. What type of experience have they had on campus? Did they connect with the players they have met? What do they envisions as their role on the team? Playing time? Development? Offensive/Defensive scheme? Coaching?

When I was visiting schools, it just clicked for me. UND had something that I didn't get on other campuses. Only time will tell, but I would love to get Hegerle, Larson and Gilman .... that, in addition to who we already have, would be a homerun class.

I would agree, if we got those 3 it would be a home run.   All 3 look to be major impact guys.

17 hours ago, Und246 said:

It would be beyond a long shot to get him. Very remote at best. 

17 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Just so SU has to pay full price.  I think that's the goal.

Has nobody heard anything differently on Hegerle? @siouxfan512 is definitely correct (this is just me speculating as well), but the only logical reason he hasn't committed yet is he's waiting for potential P5 offers. As his offers stand today, this is fourth hand too, so who knows, but I think UND has a better shot than anybody here is giving them. I think they are very much in the mix. 

• Upvote 1