SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I bet nobody asked them before someone decided it was offensive. :lol:

Apparently, Boone is a polarizing figure. From 2013.

In a letter to students and alumni in March, Coombe wrote: “Boone was a polarizing figure that did not reflect the growing diversity of the DU community, but rather was an image that many women, persons of color, international students and faculty members found difficult to relate to as defining the pioneering spirit.”

DU is stuck in a way if Pios must go.

Their alternate logo is that coffee mug stain (that's supposed to be a red tail hawk like the pioneers saw overhead when they arrived). 

So do they want to be RedHawks? ... They'd probably "be unique" and be ... Red Hawks <-- with a space. :D 

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

DU is stuck in a way if Pios must go.

Their alternate logo is that coffee mug stain (that's supposed to be a red tail hawk like the pioneers saw overhead when they arrived). 

So do they want to be RedHawks? ... They'd probably "be unique" and be ... Red Hawks <-- with a space. :D 

I always thought it was a jelly donut that's been bitten into. ;)

On 10/1/2020 at 12:24 PM, SiouxFanatic said:

Who cares about the Pioneers...especially in a thread that’s suppose to be about UND. You know their fans didn’t give two shits about UND losing the Sioux nickname. Which is how much I will give if they lose theirs.

The thread is literally NON-UND hockey...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Friday night Minot State-Jamestown webcast filled my college hockey itch on a cold October night.  

Just nice to watch a hockey game and a pretty good one.  1-1 tie game that had some intensity.  Amazing the amount of talking that goes on in a game between the benches.  Camera guy got a lot of it. :lol:

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Friday night Minot State-Jamestown webcast filled my college hockey itch on a cold October night.  

Just nice to watch a hockey game and a pretty good one.  1-1 tie game that had some intensity.  Amazing the amount of talking that goes on in a game between the benches.  Camera guy got a lot of it. :lol:

I was at the game. These 2 teams play each other like 8 times a season. They do not like each other. I try and get to all those games. Always entertaining 

8 hours ago, sioux rube said:

I was at the game. These 2 teams play each other like 8 times a season. They do not like each other. I try and get to all those games. Always entertaining 

The games are always so close, they just battle.  Jamestown's goaltender was excellent last night. 

On 10/24/2020 at 8:07 PM, Wilbur said:

I'd love to see Minot State pursue D1 hockey at some point.  They have the facility to make it work, and the proximity to Canadian and US junior leagues to get a decent look at recruits.

Guessing the $$$$$ is where the issue is. 

One would think that if BSU can do it, Minot would be able to do it.  I have also have thought U-Mary would be able to make it work. 

4 hours ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

One would think that if BSU can do it, Minot would be able to do it.  I have also have thought U-Mary would be able to make it work. 

Those 2 teams are near the bottom of funding in the NSIC. Unless there is a leadership change, I can't imagine that changing much especially in the current environment.

• 2 weeks later...