SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

I would think without inter-conference play this year we would want teams we are paired with after the Pod to do well against the other teams, much like we want our league to do well for Pairwise.  If teams we play a lot in the second half do well, it will help the optics if committees pick the tourney.  

49 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Center ice camera man panned right on the long clearing try but was way too slow and missed Duluth's ENG.  Not a great start for the Pod's TV crew.  Early season rust, hopefully.

I watched KHL this morning online, be grateful with what you got...

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Hate to say it, but I was actually rooting for DU to win.:huh:

I won’t say I was rooting but certainly don’t like what UND could face on Friday. A team with their hair on fire. Bring it on. 

I think it says more of UMD on the second half of a back to back. Although without the help of PPs, could’ve been a different outcome. 

I'm pretty excited to see what Gaber will do as he settles in. UND had a ton of chances last night, they will continue to bury more of those as they knock the rust off. They looked really solid last night, and yeah, I would have like to have seen a few more goals last night, but they will come. Just great to see college hockey back.

I have to say, I watch some of the Gopher vs. Ohio State the other week, and this last night looked like a whole different level of hockey. Gophers looked solids, Ohio State looked really sluggish, but I didn't think either team looked overly impressive for being top ten teams. Just my opinion, and I didn't even have that much to go off of.

12 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Hate to say it, but I was actually rooting for DU to win.:huh:

I think you have to hope Denver wins in that game.  If we get out of this POD and Duluth is ahead of us, we no longer control our destiny as far as the Penrose.  Don't understand why we have to play Denver so much when we play them a lot outside the POD.  We really need to care of business when we play Duluth. 

55 minutes ago, tnt said:

I think you have to hope Denver wins in that game.  If we get out of this POD and Duluth is ahead of us, we no longer control our destiny as far as the Penrose.  Don't understand why we have to play Denver so much when we play them a lot outside the POD.  We really need to care of business when we play Duluth. 

Let's just sweep the pod. Then we don't have to worry about much.  :whistling:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tnt said:

It's not so much about the standings; I just can't stand Duluth!

We are covering more schools this year along with UND, and the starter for UAH has a very similar situation he finds himself in now to what he did for his junior team, read more about it here, feedback appreciated as we will have more features from UAH and other schools to augment UND coverage this year! 

https://seamoresports.com/2020/12/03/david-fessenden-dedicated-to-getting-better/