SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

52 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Hopefully he will do away with all the unhealthy rivalries.  They make sports unwatchable in my opinion.  

So how do you know when a rivalry is unhealthy?  I'll hang up and listen.;)

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

So how do you know when a rivalry is unhealthy?  I'll hang up and listen.;)

Rivalries are unhealthy when:

1. One of the competitors holds advantage over enough contests that demoralizes the other fan base decreasing interest and hype.

2. the fan bases talk more shat than sport.

• Upvote 1

On 6/17/2020 at 11:56 PM, BusinessSiouxt said:

Rivalries are unhealthy when:

1. One of the competitors holds advantage over enough contests that demoralizes the other fan base decreasing interest and hype.

2. the fan bases talk more shat than sport.

I thought talking more shat than sport was part of every good rivalry. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2020 at 3:55 PM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Mike Babcock joining Vermont as a volunteer advisor to the coaches. Nice placeholder gig.

This is interesting. Mike Babcock joins Vermont as volunteer advisor to coaching staff

Former Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock will serve as a volunteer advisor to the coaching staff of the University of Vermont’s men’s hockey team.

Former NHL defenceman Mark Stuart is also joining the team as a volunteer assistant coach.

Babcock, 57, was fired by the Maple Leafs in November after the team opened the season with a 9-10-4 record. In 1,301 games as the head coach of the Anaheim Mighty Ducks, Detroit Red Wings and Maple Leafs, Babcock has accrued a 700-418-164 record with 19 ties. He was behind the bench when the Red Wings won the Stanley Cup in 2008 and coached Team Canada to two Olympic gold medal wins in 2010 and 2014. At Vermont, “Babcock’s role will be to serve as a resource for the coaching staff, lending his experience and perspective as one of the top hockey minds in the world,” a statement from the school says.

• 2 weeks later...

UAA dropped their men's hockey program for financial reasons.
The writing has been on the wall for the UAA (and possibly UAF) for awhile now, but that's tough for them.  I always wanted to make that roadtrip when UAA and UND were both still in the WCHA.

RIP UAA

We also wanted to get up there once, and on the last trip there (non-conference) my brother and I made it up.  Flew up on the team plane, back on it too, wearing Sioux gear. Players gave us fist bumps and high 5's. Coach Barry stopped and chatted and thanked us for making the trip.  He is a class act all the way. So was Hak on other prior trips.

Flew by Denali- that was worth the trip by itself.  Saw Earthquake park, went to Homer. It was so fun we want to go again, sadly that won't happen now.

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Humboldt said:

Looks like the DU Pioneers nickname debate is still going on. The University is paying faculty to protest against the university and nickname. Go figure!

https://letsgodu.com/2020/09/30/it-is-high-time-dus-divisive-faculty-led-anti-pioneer-protests-end/

So they are upset about Pioneers? This name crap has gone way to far 

18 hours ago, Humboldt said:

Looks like the DU Pioneers nickname debate is still going on. The University is paying faculty to protest against the university and nickname. Go figure!

https://letsgodu.com/2020/09/30/it-is-high-time-dus-divisive-faculty-led-anti-pioneer-protests-end/

As a descendent of Norwegian and German Pioneers who took a risk and came to North Dakota to start farms I'd say its about time.  

I say take back all of DU's national championships and put each hockey player into sensitivity training.  Especially that Brink kid, he's good.  

It's about time.  Its about time.  

20 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

As a descendent of Norwegian and German Pioneers who took a risk and came to North Dakota to start farms I'd say its about time.  

I say take back all of DU's national championships and put each hockey player into sensitivity training.  Especially that Brink kid, he's good.  

It's about time.  Its about time.  

Maybe DU is offensive and abusive to the homesteaders of CO?