SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

9 hours ago, Blackheart said:

So let's get on this NCHC!

Wonder if the Big Ten is already on top of it, being that they created a scheduling agreement with Arizona State for this year.   Who knows if that is just to fill out their schedules, but I would think there would be mutual interest.  There may be other Big Ten members thinking about taking up hockey though. 

8 hours ago, tnt said:

Wonder if the Big Ten is already on top of it, being that they created a scheduling agreement with Arizona State for this year.   Who knows if that is just to fill out their schedules, but I would think there would be mutual interest.  There may be other Big Ten members thinking about taking up hockey though. 

We've been hearing for years that other BigTen schools would be adding hockey; I guess I'll believe it when I see it.  Interesting rumor...someone told me the other day that the University of Minnesota was going to have a D1 Mens team.;)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Blackheart said:

We've been hearing for years that other BigTen schools would be adding hockey; I guess I'll believe it when I see it.  Interesting rumor...someone told me the other day that the University of Minnesota was going to have a D1 Mens team.;)

This is the wrong thread for spreading lies and creating controversy. :D

• Upvote 2

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2020/11/09_RIT-Shutting-Down-Hockey-.php

In an internal email distributed among the team, the RIT hockey program suggests it will try to fight the decision. The team has asked to meet with Pres. Munson to discuss reversing the decision.

"We have done everything we can to make our season happen and have not had a single positive test of COVID-19 on our team," the team said in a statement.

Clarkson, St. Lawrence, Union and Rensselaer — four ECAC Hockey schools — are also members of the Liberty League. Each school will make its own decision on how to move forward. At this time, all four are still planning a 2020-21 hockey season.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

My CHN app says there'll be a couple college hockey games this weekend. 

Friday: ASU@Michigan; Wisconsin@NotreDame

Saturday: LIU@Army; ASU@Michigan; Wisconsin@NotreDame 

Now ... television? Please? 

Michigan will be on Big Ten+, and as always, ND games are on NBCSN (or at least the app). 

YouTubeTV has big ten network and nbcsn, and you get a free two week trial. Good time to burn the trial waiting for NCHC.tv to launch.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2020/11/12_Ivies-Forced-to-Cancel-Hockey.php

As a result, Brown, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Princeton and Yale will all not be playing games this season. That brings the total to seven teams canceling their season, joining RIT.

There are six non-Ivy teams in the ECAC — Clarkson, St. Lawrence, Colgate, Quinnipiac, RPI and Union. The first four appear to be all systems go; Clarkson put out a schedule today. Union has a game scheduled, against Long Island, but that is all so far. RPI, which was among the first to shut down last March, has not even been practicing. And yesterday it was reported that RPI star goaltender Owen Savory was in the transfer portal, suggesting, perhaps, his anticipation there would not be a season.

1 hour ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Do we have any idea of what the NCAA tournament will look like? Obviously still playing a conference league will be fun but I do wonder.

Not to be a jerk or anything; but the Ivy's arent exactly stacked once they reach the NCAA's.  But it's not a good sign....