SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

3 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Can you summarize?  Fargin paywall!

Leaving UMD. Doesn’t have other plans right now. Wants to stay in the area... ie kids and family have set roots in Hermantown.  Open for opportunities but it needs to be a good one.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, keikla said:

Gotta think they're tired of the song and dance and unpredictability. Better to jump ship on your own terms.

Encouraged to resign by some of the larger donors who now think they can control the program because they saved it.

7 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I don't understand why Tychonick will be eligible next season, even with the release from UND. I thought it was an NC$$ rule that when a player transfers, he sits out the next season. 

Right, but who cares. I am happy for him that he is allowed to play next year. Wish him the best, that's all you can do. UND is bringing in Jake Sanderson for pete sake's! 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I don't understand why Tychonick will be eligible next season, even with the release from UND. I thought it was an NC$$ rule that when a player transfers, he sits out the next season. 

It could be a bit of an unannounced relaxing of the rules for players who 1) had their season cut short due to Coronavirus and 2) have the blessing of their previous team.

9 hours ago, farce poobah said:

Sure, but he will be playing against tougher competition.

I am happy for the kid, and happy for Omaha. Say what you want, for a young program in a tough market to recruit from, they do ok. I think they need to establish themselves, but all in all, chirping aside, they are two, maybe three years from having something. UND? No. Denver? No. UMD? Probably not. But a consistent top half threat? I say yes, based on their commits and open recruits.

• Upvote 2

Good luck to the man, enjoyed watching him play.  The way I see it omaha is like many middle group teams, get the right group of guys & staff and make waves or a run.  I think the program is at odds with UND fans for several reasons.  Dean Blais,  if he wanted to coach we wish it was here.  That said we as fans gave the program respect out of respect for Dean.  That is ancient history and some of the recent antics made the pendulum swing the other way.  Note that my opinion is only of the fan base and not the team, and of course I speak for no one, and the fan base has a wide membership encompassing many opinions.  Have a great day, can we get some hockey soon.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, keikla said:

Technically this isn't for the 20-21 season, but Lucia-pet was just named commissioner of the new CCHA.

Hopefully he will do away with all the unhealthy rivalries.  They make sports unwatchable in my opinion.  

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, keikla said:

Technically this isn't for the 20-21 season, but Lucia-pet was just named commissioner of the new CCHA.

Really...now he's in charge of several of the old WCHA teams that weren't deemed worthy of taking the ice with Gofer and Badger. #BigMistake

• Upvote 1