SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

6 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

That was the thing probably! Game was still probably going on and I wanted to get my Molson and get back to my seat ASAP so I didn’t miss anything! 

I love a Molson or two during a good hockey game. You go overboard, though, and you'll hate your existence come morning. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A funny story I do remember was about 15 years ago. An ex- wanted to go to a CC/Bemidji game down at World Arena since she grew up there in Bemidji and was a fan of BSU. So, we go and I buy each of us a beer late in the first period of a scoreless and dreadfully boring game. 

Then, out of nowhere a CC player springs a teammate on a breakaway and they score with, like, 3 seconds left in the period! I literally jumped out of my seat, throwing my hands in the air and out flying was a tall draft beer. It was like the Matrix movies, it felt slow motion as I desperately tried catching the plastic cup of beer (full mind you). I failed and it splashed all over two Bemidji State fans sitting directly in front of us. 

To make matters worse, the gal I was with pointed at me and started laughing hysterically which pissed these two BSU dudes off even more.

After apologizing several times, as a token of goodwill, I ran down to the concourse, bought three beers and went back up and gave each of them one plus a replacement for myself. I figure that my 1 original beer cost me close to forty bucks by the time I even got a sip! 

Oh, and while stinking of draft beer and still salty, these two dudes were relatively cool about the whole situation as the game went along. 

• Upvote 4

Wonder just how effective Caufield would have been playing in a league where checking in the corners is encouraged. 

He's talented, no question, but aside from power plays, just how much time and space would he have gotten having to play

fast and talented teams that are hard on pucks week-in-and week-out in the NACHO?

We'll see how the next level goes for him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, dustnyou said:

If St. Cloud wins tonight, do they take down their participation banners? 

Hahaha... no. 

They will be just exponentially arrogant about the one.

..... while still being 2 yr old on a sugar bender plastic drum set annoying about the participations.

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Fun fact.  Hockey East has 9 national championships as a league.  If SCSU wins tonight the NCHC will have 5.  Umass wins HE will have 10.

Hockey East:  Established 1984

NCHC:  Established 2013

:whistling:

Since Hockey East split off in 1984, the ECAC has 4 national championships as a league.  :whistling:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Fun fact.  Hockey East has 9 national championships as a league.  If SCSU wins tonight the NCHC will have 5.  Umass wins HE will have 10.

Hockey East:  Established 1984

NCHC:  Established 2013

:whistling:

How many does the WCHA have?

56 minutes ago, Fighting Sioux 23 said:

37.  North Dakota was an independent when they won in 1959.  

Correct. UND is the last independent to take the title. Also joined by Michigan, Michigan St., Denver, UMD, BU and RPI as only schools to win titles representing different leagues.