SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

3 minutes ago, brianvf said:

And that'll be great to see.  Especially since UMD lives on that clutch and dive type of game and has benefited from it for years.
Either way, the non-call in OT wasn't going to turn that lack of effort around from UMD.
On the GWG, it was like 3 UMD players just lazy skating to the puck.

I honestly did not see much of anything there to call. Expecially in OT

9 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

THERE IS A LORD!!!

You know UMD fans are going to bitch about that last non-call. Refs let them play.

Seems to me they had the benefit of a few of those non calls against us in overtime.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Wilbur said:

Wishing that UND would have attacked UMD more like UMASS did in OT.  

Loved that their coach had their d men crashing hard on every puck on the wall.  Ulfie Samuelson style.  

It was risky, but man did they have UMD on the ropes.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Loved that their coach had their d men crashing hard on every puck on the wall.  Ulfie Samuelson style.  

Just one good crosser could have done it sigh 

6 minutes ago, tnt said:

Yeah, I can’t cheer for St. Cloud. Remember their fans and administration when they thought they wouldn’t be in the NCHC?  Nevermind their constant railing on our nickname in the past.  

Yeah, f*ck St Cloud!  Although it would be delicious if they won without Motzko.  Duluth looked lost in the OT; they needed to be agressive but instead sat back and got absolutely dominated!  They score a goal and then go into the shell and try win 1-0 or 2-1...glad that streak is over.

Hard to believe whatever secret sauce UMD has been relying on for years just suddenly disappeared so abruptly. OT against UND my brain kept saying UND was the better team and something would go, but I knew UMD would somehow make it happen. Felt the same way tonight, but good for UMASS! The streak of UMD not even being a top conference team (mediocre this year) but somehow finding ways to win, ends. Go Huskies, I’ll root for you this year and this year only!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Had them totally stuck in their own end and UMD could not generate any offense whatsoever in OT.  Delicious!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Carl said:

I'm out of the loop on how the protocol is working for the tourney, why was UMASS able to play when Michigan and Notre Dame had to forfeit?

One tested positive and the rest were contact tracing.

Why not have 4 extra teams just in case.

Me personally, I don't think you should get to play if you are not there when the team gets there

• Like 1

Just now, Wilbur said:

Its nice to watch the national championship and not care...

2016....Go Sioux...

2017....please not Duluth

2018....Go Irish

2019.....its gonna be Duluth.....

2020....thanks Covid

2021.....Not Duluth!

My only change is 2017. It was please not Denver for me. Didn’t want them tying UND with 8 immediately after UND won in 2016.

10 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Bahahahahahaha! :lol:

Screenshot_20210408-233910_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c87de0e4a7c43f8fd8d45d109a6fb8b1.jpg

This.....from the guy who watched every Duluth game all year.....

Wanting an interference penalty?  Just when I think the bar can't get set lower......

I'll take ironic moments in college hockey for four hundred Alex.  I mean Aaron. 

• Upvote 3

For those that want St. Cloud, remember, people were saying the same thing before Duluth won their first title.  Funny thing about winning and creating a culture that isn’t about losing to teams you shouldn’t lose to.  Once you win, the belief is there and the culture grows, nevermind the boost for recruiting. St. Cloud is doing pretty well for itself now, without getting the cream of the crop. Sandelin brought UND type culture to UMD, and now one of his old assistants is looking to bring the same to St. Cloud.  It wasn’t until Blais rebuilt our culture that our program took off again.  Hoogsteens and Panzer’s weren’t the cream of the recruiting crop, but after they helped rebuild our culture, we started to get more and more elite prospects and that was without our current facilities. I know it is only one game, but we might be complaining about St. Cloud someday like we do about Duluth.

While I really would like to see another NCHC champ for 5 in a row... the most satisfying thing is that it wont be Duloot.  Now I can watch the game to see who the gets their first ever title and enjoy watching it- no pressure/anxiety.

So (softly) go huskies? 

• Upvote 3

Just now, LuvHockey said:

While I really would like to see another NCHC champ for 5 in a row... the most satisfying thing is that it wont be Duloot.  Now I can watch the game to see who the gets their first ever title and enjoy watching it- no pressure/anxiety.

So (softly) go huskies? 

Can't root for the Clowns.