SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Early Departures

scpa0305

On 3/22/2020 at 1:37 PM, mattim said:

Who can’t love that guy, bigger and stronger than he looks, great motor and am sure he’ll succeed at the next level or die trying! Never flashy, but one of my favorite players over the last four years!

I believe he will succeed.  He is such a hard worker and has a pretty good skill set. He's become a pretty good skater and is an immovable object in front of the net.  He's a heck of a good player to put out against the opposing teams top line as a shut down player.  He is just so strong and tenacious.  

On 3/22/2020 at 1:37 PM, mattim said:

Who can’t love that guy, bigger and stronger than he looks, great motor and am sure he’ll succeed at the next level or die trying! Never flashy, but one of my favorite players over the last four years!

On 4/9/2020 at 12:53 AM, siouxnatty#8 said:

I believe he will succeed.  He is such a hard worker and has a pretty good skill set. He's become a pretty good skater and is an immovable object in front of the net.  He's a heck of a good player to put out against the opposing teams top line as a shut down player.  He is just so strong and tenacious.  

I can see Cole Smith having a career similar to Chris Porter.   Smith is always in shape, has always been strong on his skates but got more agile during his UND career,   One of those guys whose heart will carry him a long way.

4 hours ago, shep said:

Why'd he leave? PT issues?

Definitely. 

Kierstad, JBD, Sanderson, Frisch, Bast, Kleven, Moore, Reiger... That's a loaded back end. He definitely saw he'd be battling for ice and that's a tough spot for a junior second round pick.

I wish him the best. Seems like a great kid. Very happy it's Omaha and not UMD or DU.

8 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Definitely. 

Kierstad, JBD, Sanderson, Frisch, Bast, Kleven, Moore, Reiger... That's a loaded back end. He definitely saw he'd be battling for ice and that's a tough spot for a junior second round pick.

I wish him the best. Seems like a great kid. Very happy it's Omaha and not UMD or DU.

Thanks

I met him at the annual golf tourney. Very mature kid, well spoken. Had seen his interview on draft day too. Impressed. 

That IS a loaded back end! Even if Moore and Reiger aren't great coming in, there's still 6 studs going out there. Nice issue to have.

16 minutes ago, shep said:

Thanks

I met him at the annual golf tourney. Very mature kid, well spoken. Had seen his interview on draft day too. Impressed. 

That IS a loaded back end! Even if Moore and Reiger aren't great coming in, there's still 6 studs going out there. Nice issue to have.

Definitely. Jonny wants top 2 pairing minutes and that is no where near certain. 

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

Definitely. Jonny wants top 2 pairing minutes and that is no where near certain. 

And I thought there were times that he deserved top 2 pairings. I understand the wealth of DMen coming in and the decision he made.

11 minutes ago, shep said:

And I thought there were times that he deserved top 2 pairings. I understand the wealth of DMen coming in and the decision he made.

I think he'll be a huge asset to UNO, explosive player that can put the puck in the net but can get exposed a little defensively. Reminded me of a poor man's Chay Genoway, which feels weird to type since JT was drafted 2nd round.

Just now, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I think he'll be a huge asset to UNO, explosive player that can put the puck in the net but can get exposed a little defensively. Reminded me of a poor man's Chay Genoway, which feels weird to type since JT was drafted 2nd round.

That's a good comp. Also agree, he will be a huge asset for UNO!